Trusted Contributor

Jamie had better be in tears!!!  The Q customer made her a very rich person.  Until she appeared on the Q, nobody ever heard of her.  Chaz should also be crying huge tears!!   Q made these two very very wealthy!

Respected Contributor

@gonnab wrote:

Jamie had better be in tears!!!  The Q customer made her a very rich person.  Until she appeared on the Q, nobody ever heard of her.  Chaz should also be crying huge tears!!   Q made these two very very wealthy!

Honestly I don't blame QVC.  It's just another marketing ploy and they do that very well.  It's not QVC - it's the masses that buy inito the exaggerated claims of the vendors.  There's no way I would put something on my hair that is accused of causing hair to fall out. Likewise, I am very particular about the use of cosmetic products.   IMHO shampoo is just a form of detergent. You can buy it for $2.95 or $295.00 a bottle - your choice.

And really, what kind of award is it when only the brands QVC sells are open for voting?  Seems silly and senseless to me.

Respected Contributor

@2blonde wrote:

Does anyone actually believe that these "awards" were really chosen by viewers votes, and not by QVC?

@2blonde - I doubt it.  I looked at the items that won awards last night and some of the items had no customer reviews or only had about 3 stars.  If these products are so wonderful they all should have 5 stars.

Honored Contributor

Just silly fluff---I use what I use and mostly it's because it works for me or the price is better. Don't put much stock in the reviews as they don't contain much content that will help me decide what to use. I shop many places for the things I like, a few glass awards don't impress or pursuade me much.

Trusted Contributor

Re: these 'awards' :>)

[ Edited ]

@ellaphant wrote:

LOL! I just flipped on QVC....Jane and IT woman in tears about a mascara award!

OMG puhleeeze! Turned it right off...............

I on the contrary was touched by her emotions.  She explained how much the support meant and really she has built her brand so quickly.  Starting quite small 6 years ago to selling her line for over a billion dollars very recently.  I can see why she was incredibly grateful and very emotional!! 

Respected Contributor

Re: these 'awards' :>)

[ Edited ]

I haven't voted on these awards for the past couple of years. It seemed to me to be rigged. None of my choices ever win. Like one poster said, it's a bunch of fluff. I buy items that work and that I like, not because it won an "award" It just seems fake to me.

Trusted Contributor

I didnt watch, doesnt affect my buying or not buying. I guess some of the vendors get emotional/grateful. I dont go for "air kisses" and Emmy Type programming and all but oh well.....whatever makes them feel good and appreciated. LOL

Trusted Contributor

I think Jamie's tears are genuine; she cries every year at the QVC Awards. I remember when she was on HSN and didn't get air time. She sold her company for $1.2 billion. I'd be crying tears of joy, too! Go, Jamie! She makes great products, by the way. 

Honored Contributor

@JasoninBoston wrote:

@ellaphant wrote:

LOL! I just flipped on QVC....Jane and IT woman in tears about a mascara award!

OMG puhleeeze! Turned it right off...............

I on the contrary was touched by her emotions.  She explained how much the support meant and really she has built her brand so quickly.  Starting quite small 6 years ago to selling her line for over a billion dollars very recently.  I can see why she was incredibly grateful and very emotional!! 

Her company has been around since 2008. I remember purchasing a few products in 2009.  So actually more like 8 years. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@gonnab wrote:

I actually knew of her line before I ever even heard of QVC and the only reason I heard of and started shopping at QVC was because of WEN after a few of my friends told me about it. They don't watch QVC nor do they buy anything else from QVC but WEN.  Jamie's line was known among us 30 somethings before it came to QVC. There are many many people who don't watch qvc, especially younger people.