Visitor

I was curious if there are any moisturizers and/or liquid foundations that do not have sunscreen in it.  I cannot quite remember when they put this in makeup, etc.  I believe it is a cause of skin cancer. 

Trusted Contributor

I have never used a foundation or moisturizer with sunscreen in it however I do use a separate sunscreen and have for umpteen years and still have gotten skin cancer 3 times.  I think they are from bad burns as a child. Sunscreen does NOT cause cancer.  There have been some issues with the chemical sunscreens but as of now the FDA says they are safe and it's better to use one and be protected from the sun than not. There are a lot of foundations and moisturizers on the market that don't have sunscreen in them. You just have to look.  Google it.

Respected Contributor

@presow wrote:

I was curious if there are any moisturizers and/or liquid foundations that do not have sunscreen in it.  I cannot quite remember when they put this in makeup, etc.  I believe it is a cause of skin cancer. 

Sunscreen is not the cause of skin cancer, sunscreen prevents skin cancer. Every dermatologist and oncologist will tell you to use sunscreen to help prevent skin cancer.

There are many moisturizers and foundations without it. I always buy a separate sunscreen because relying on your moisturizer or foundation usually won't give you the sunscreen you need and then I don't need a separate daytime/nighttime moisturizer if I don't want one.

Honored Contributor

You will pay a huge price ,if you do not  wear sunscreen each and every day.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@presow wrote:

I think you need to do some more research on skin cancer.

Honored Contributor

This could be some one just stiring the pot, her first post!

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Valued Contributor

@presow 

Hi sunscreen is very important it really is one of your key products in anti aging and overall skin health. I follow Dr Dray on YouTube she is a young dermatologist from Texas . She has many videos on sunscreens . The differences in them how to apply . Chemical vs mineral, even a q and a about them . There is a wealth of information there .My mom had skin cancer and had to have MOHS surgery. 

Honored Contributor

@presow   There are many moisturizers without sunscreen and many foundations. Just google it. 

Honored Contributor

@presow   Almost all foundations do NOT have sunscreen in them.  Usually tinted moisturizers, BB and CC creams do have sunscreen.  Sunscreen does NOT cause cancer.  I don't know where you receive this information that it does but it is incorrect.

kindness is strength