Super Contributor

Re: suggestions for best makeup to wear when taking a drivers license picture.

On 8/29/2014 kachina624 said: I didn't know anybody cared how they look in their DL picture.
Really? I have always cared.
Esteemed Contributor

On 8/29/2014 hulagirl said:

Really????

That was my reaction when I read this too.

I've had some driver's license photos that were better than others, but I never really cared to the extent that I would give so much thought to wardrobe & makeup. None of my photos have been bad, and pretty much no one ever sees them anyway. I've had my current one for awhile, and it's perfectly fine, actually kind of good. I just went in, looked at the camera, and that was it. I probably glanced in a mirror to be sure my hair looked okay, but nothing more than that.

Personal preference, of course, but since hulagirl and I seem to be in the minority, I wanted to add my opinion too.

Kiss

Super Contributor

Just keep your license tucked away and only show it when absolutely necessary. No matter what makeup you wear you'll look dreadful.

Super Contributor

My drivers license isn't too bad, but my Costco photo is horrific. The only saving grace is that it's very small and I never need to look at it. It's now at least eight years old, and my hair hasn't looked like that for most of those eight years.

My passport photo isn't bad. I had that taken at UPS and the guy made it seem like a fashion shoot, having me turn this way and that.

All these bad Costco photos remind me of the Bouvier sisters on The Simpsons, who love taking bad photos of people for their drivers' licenses.

Super Contributor

On 8/29/2014 gazelle77 said:
On 8/29/2014 lynnmc2066 said:

In our state the license is good for six years which is just silly. (When you are of a certain age do they think you look the same for six years?)

I had mine done last month and the photo is absolutely horrific. The camera angle was too close - I look like a Halloween pumpkin with glasses. I'm thinking about "losing" it and having another photo taken.

I had to show it recently and the store clerk started laughing hysterically. Didn't help my self-esteem

don't feel bad. years ago I was at a bank doing paperwork for buying a house. the clerk laughed so hard at my DL pic,,,THEN TOOK IT AROUND THE BANK TO SHOW OTHER PEOPLE, all the while laughing as the others jointed in. great for my self-esteem too!!

Super Contributor

sorry, gazelle, your reply didn't show up?!

Honored Contributor

No matter how good you think you look w/make-up, your license pic will ALWAYS look like a mug shot or a prison head shot. {#emotions_dlg.angry}

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

For years my DL listed my wt as 125. In my mid 30's I quit smoking and then broke my ankle and I put on a lot of wt. I go to renew my DL and the gal looks at the wt and says. ' no way honey' ...you're way over 125. I told her I just had a baby and that my normal wt IS 125. She shook her head and said fine in a very snotty way. Cut to this year and I go in to a podunk office to get my DL and the guy looks at my wt and asks...you sticking to this number? And I said why yes , yes I am. I told him that if something ever happened to me and they put my picture up on the local news, there was no way they would further humiliate me by saying my wt too. He just laughed and kept my wt at 125. I can honestly say that at some point in my life I weighed 125....but I am quite sure it was in the previous century!
"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Trusted Contributor

Funny comments! I have no idea how to look good in those pics. My last two have been pretty decent. My college I.D. photo was awful -- taken at the end of a hot, humid day of freshman orientation.
Trusted Contributor

When I wore dark red lipstick once, the picture turned out really good. At least my lips showed up in that one. Agree about the fluffier hair.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004