Super Contributor

Re: suggestions for best makeup to wear when taking a drivers license picture.

On 8/29/2014 mercyMe said:

Self-tanner always kept my license photo from looking like Casper. Plus, it mostly depends on the camera at the DMV .... remember, you and the police officers will only have to look at it for 4 years.

And the people at the bank and the people at the liquor store and DMV and Car dealerships, and quite a few others.

Occasional Contributor

In our state the license is good for six years which is just silly. (When you are of a certain age do they think you look the same for six years?)

I had mine done last month and the photo is absolutely horrific. The camera angle was too close - I look like a Halloween pumpkin with glasses. I'm thinking about ""losing"" it and having another photo taken.

I had to show it recently and the store clerk started laughing hysterically. Didn't help my self-esteem.

Respected Contributor

My current license photo is pretty good, I was having a good hair day and had a bit of suntan. Unfortunately, I look a LOT different now, not better or worse, just different. My drs. office made a copy for my file and my dr. said "you look nothing like your license"! I wasn't sure what to make of that comment!

I agree with Costco photos - yikes!!!! Mine looks like a mug shot, as if I was caught shoplifting there!

Valued Contributor

On 8/29/2014 OPI Girl said:

After my last photo, I changed it up.

Wear dark clothes. Last time I wore a light color and looked like a ghost. This time I chose black. I have dark hair, so if you have lighter hair any dark-ish color would do.

Go darker on your makeup.
* Darker foundation. Bring it down your neck. Or add bronzer to make it darker.
* More blush, not like the 80s but more than you would normally wear.
* And a lip color that's dark enough to show you have lips.
* Whatever shadow you like is ok.

As stated above, big hair. Not talking about ten inches high, just higher than you usually wear it. Those photos always make your hair look flat.

I had some business at the bank where I had to show my license. She looked at it, looked back at me, then asked; "How did you get your picture to look like this?" By going darker with everything.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} Perfect, exactly what I was going to say. Those darn DMV cameras are awful, but my picture came out FANTASTIC.

Think dark for facial skin, darker nude lips, neutral eye shadow, black eye liner, black mascara on top & bottom lashes and eyebrow pencil/shadow. You really want to define your cheekbones, lips, eyes and brows - dmv cameras tend to not be hd and can wash you out. definitely don't want to be the woman with no eyebrows on your license! Wink

Super Contributor

On 8/29/2014 lynnmc2066 said:

In our state the license is good for six years which is just silly. (When you are of a certain age do they think you look the same for six years?)

I had mine done last month and the photo is absolutely horrific. The camera angle was too close - I look like a Halloween pumpkin with glasses. I'm thinking about ""losing"" it and having another photo taken.

I had to show it recently and the store clerk started laughing hysterically. Didn't help my self-esteem.

How mean of the clerk!
Super Contributor

my gosh I love this thread!

Super Contributor

On 8/29/2014 suzeecat said:

My current license photo is pretty good, I was having a good hair day and had a bit of suntan. Unfortunately, I look a LOT different now, not better or worse, just different. My drs. office made a copy for my file and my dr. said "you look nothing like your license"! I wasn't sure what to make of that comment!

I agree with Costco photos - yikes!!!! Mine looks like a mug shot, as if I was caught shoplifting there!

My Costco pic is my best one... my passport and drivers license are horrible... would get a new drivers license photo but it would take about 3 hours to get a new one where I live.... yes the lines are that bad!

Super Contributor

On 8/29/2014 virgosun said:

Kim Kardashian had her professional hair, make-up and clothing stylists for her License picture so I guess that's one way to go{#emotions_dlg.blink}

I think they also clear out motor vehicle for her so she doesn't have to wait three hours in line to get her license.... in CO it is that bad!.... my makeup melts before then....

Trusted Contributor

I had beer for lunch before my DMV photo & my putim is really really RED on my license. Oh well.
Honored Contributor

I didn't know anybody cared how they look in their DL picture.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment