Occasional Visitor

serum/moisturizer for hot/humid weather

Hello all!  ISO a serum/moisturizer that is not greasy, tacky, sticky.  Hot and humid here in Virginia and everything moisturizer-wise I've tried on my face feels nasty.  Does a product even exist that will absorb quickly and leave my skin looking and feeling like silk?  Suggestions appreciated!

Trusted Contributor

Re: serum/moisturizer for hot/humid weather

There are several serums that are what you're looking for, I don't find any actually that do not absorb into the skin.  Moisturizers; however are a different story.

Algenist is a great, light-weight serum.  Dr. Dennis Gross's ferulic acid serum is great as well.  Although these are pricey, even pricier but you may really like are Perricone's cold plasma products - these suspensions are simply serums in a different form and are EXTREMELY light-weight.

Honored Contributor

I use Adrian Arpells 5 in 1 moisturizer, and I really like it. It's not expensive, nor is it greasy.  I use it year round

Esteemed Contributor

I swear by Dr. Denese slin care products. Hydroshield Serum abosrbs instantly and you only need a few drops. Josie Maran's Argan Oil works well also. I have sensitive skin with allergies and issue and am 50+ and holding. Hydroshield is my first choice.

Honored Contributor

Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel.  Been using for years now.  During the colder months, I use the lotion version of the same product.  Go to the Clinique counter and get a free sample to try.

Respected Contributor

What do you want the serum to do? Hydrate, birghten, prevent fine lines? 

It's hot and humid where I am and I'm not running into this issue right now.

I'm using a K-beauty Essence called Hyaluron Skin Essence by Hanskin. Over that, I use my Dr Dennis Gross Ferulic Acid and Retinol serum.

My moisturizer right now is the Elemis Pro-Collagen Marine Cream, which I got in a value set.

My current sunscreen is Red Pearlsation UV Protection City Defencer SPF50+, by Klavuu, which I am loving. I hate wearing sunscreen and have found a lot of the Korean and Japanese sunscreens to feel better than the US sunscreens.

Respected Contributor

I like the Neutrogena Hydroboost Water Gel, and  Garnier SkinActive Moisture Bomb.  They are pretty similar-- light weight and hydrating. I also like the Origin GinZing Energy-Boosting Gel Moisturizer.  These are my summer go to moisturizers.

Valued Contributor

I'm in Maryland and my combination skin loves Radha Beauty Vitamin C Serum with Retinol, and their Retinol Moisturizer.  Works great, not greasy, luxurious feel, and cruelty free.  No scent either if that is important to you.  

Honored Contributor

@playitlou

9D4E8DDF-FBCF-4493-B934-EDA3EAFE78A8.jpeg

This stuff is really great! Light, refreshing and takes away scaliness! No oil.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~