Honored Contributor

Re: "Beauty We Love" TSV - ?? - Feb 10

@NativeJax Are those beads in Philosophy's Microderlivery wash? I use that sometimes in the morning. Probably will not continue use on face (seems too harsh), but will finish large pump bottle in shower on legs, feet, etc. 

Honored Contributor

Hi @NativeJax-

I don't have the cleanser anymore. I'm not sure what you would do with the those things that carry microbeads aside from throw it out?

I think a good old terry wash cloth changed daily is a good cleaning tool too!Woman Happy

But someone mentioned St Ives moisturizer for face and how well it went on, so I tried it and I like it too! around $4 in a large jar at WalmartWoman LOL

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

Hi @NativeJax-

I don't have the cleanser anymore. I'm not sure what you would do with the those things that carry microbeads aside from throw it out?

I think a good old terry wash cloth changed daily is a good cleaning tool too!Woman Happy

But someone mentioned St Ives moisturizer for face and how well it went on, so I tried it and I like it too! around $4 in a large jar at WalmartWoman LOL

My state, Colorado, banned the microbeads back in 2015. It's been suggested to strain the beads out of the products before pouring them down the drain. If the product is too thick to strain then it should be diluted with water then strained. After the beads are removed, place them in a sealed container and put it in the regular trash. This is not going to make them go away in the landfills but it's better than letting them go into the water.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I like St Ives Apricot Scrub....have used this off and on for 30 years. I always end up going back. I also recently purchased the St. Ives Collagen Elastin body lotion and am liking that real well. I do not exfoliate my face too much and I do not scrub my face. I use the St Ives Apricot Scrub with my fingers and gently wash with circular motion, then wipe with wet cloth.
Trusted Contributor

@Shanus...

I do not know the answer to your question but I assume the microbeads are the same. It's too bad, really loved that toothpaste but I do not want to put a product into our water system that will harm the fish. I can't believe it is allowed to even be sold.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The microbeads that are not eco-friendly are the plastic type. Look for polyethylene (PE) or polypropylene (PP), polyethylene terephthalate (PET), polymethlyl methacrylate (PMMA) or nylon in the ingredients listed on the product or on the product's website. 

Other forms of  "beads" are ones that can dissolve or degrade over time and they are usually made of organic materials from plants. This kind is okay to go into the drain.

Trusted Contributor

@sillieemee....

Thank you....I wish it was simpler to find environmentally safe products. I need to educate myself better and make more effort.
Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@beach-mom wrote:

Just checked the program guide and Laura Geller is listed at midnight and throughout the day. Did they change it?

@beach-mom I don't know why Laura Geller was on in that time slot, but if you click on the "Today's Special Value" link, it takes you to the Leaf TSV page and I just saw the overnight host present it.  IMO, the Amazon dupes are still better - my Foreo Luna dupe is still going strong well beyond the point at which my original, genuine Foreo Luna Mini konked out.  A person can buy the dupe for the price of one easy payment.  

@Thanks @JeanLouiseFinch - if I'd waited another minute I could have seen! LOL! When I saw LG in the program guide I thought it was unusual no one was talking about it, and she just had a TSV a little while ago. But I like her products and I wanted to see.

I take medication for rosacea. My dermatologist does not want me to use a Clarisonic or anything else abrasive on my skin. Lush makes a scrub for sensitive skin that I really like. She's OK with that one - once a week! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Could it be this beauty we love?

Image result for images cats cosmetics

OR this?

OR this?

just sayin'...  just mewin'...   Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

For those who purchased The Leaf sonic device, or dupe, just wanted to mention that since these devices are made of silicone do not use with mineral oil or any products containing mineral oil. Mineral oil will cause breakdown of the silicone and ruin the device.