Honored Contributor

Why is it so expensive?

Respected Contributor

hollysunshine, compared to what? WEN is being sold as premium product. Same price as those sold in high end salons. Not comparing WEN to corner drug store brands & prices.

Respected Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

Why is it so expensive?

Because Chaz Dean would like to keep being rich LOL.  I never understood who would pay so much for that stuff.  I had a very bad experience with it. So I am highly biased.  I couldn't give it away in the end, and had to throw it out.  Nobody even wanted to try it after seeing what happened to me.  I know there are legions of followers, I'm just not one of them. 

Honored Contributor

As some one who worked in the industry the formulas are all pretty much the same.

Esteemed Contributor

...plus, QVC sets prices on QVC products.

While Q's prices are generally lower then on Chaz's website, I wouldn't presume to know what method QVC uses to determine their prices.

Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

As some one who worked in the industry the formulas are all pretty much the same.

@Group 5 minus 1- If you worked in the industry, you must be familiar with the pricing of all beauty ranges, high-end to drugstore.

So why would you need to ask the question? 

(BTW, I disagree that all formulas are "pretty much the same".  There's a vast difference between what's included in some products and what's not.)

Respected Contributor

Then why ask hollysunshine if you know?

IMHO, brands differ by what they put in & leave out. Chemicals are cheaper than natural ingredients. BTW I'm not into WEN.

Honored Contributor

I think the question is being "asked" because today there's a WEN TSV.  Oh my, what a coincidence!

Valued Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1  As one who has used many different brands of hair cleansers, I've found they are all definitely not the same.

Respected Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

@Group 5 minus 1 ,

Did you work in facility the creates and manufactures hair care products?

I asked because "worked in the industry" is sometimes used rather broadly here. I've seen posters say they worked in the fashion industry, when they actually work retail in a store. Or they say they worked in the healthcare industry when they work at a health food store. It's like saying you work in the agriculture industry when you work in a produce department in a grocery store.  

If you were a hair stylist, you were not in the manufacturing industry for hair products.