Esteemed Contributor

QVC x Carmindy Beauty collab

QVC and Carmindy Boyer are going to have a new beauty brand coming out in September, it's exclusive to QVC apparently.

From Retail Dive:

https://www.retaildive.com/news/qvc-plans-1st-exclusive-beauty-brand/551840/

And the PR release about it:

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/qurate-retail-group-expands-prestige-beauty-category-with-d...

Remember when Carmindy had a makeup line that was sold on TV shopping before? I think it was HSN as well as TSC in Canada. And then it was available at Shopper's Drug Mart in Canada too. I wonder if this new prestige line will be similar to what Carmindy had before? I did always enjoy her on TLC's "What Not to Wear" as she did some nice makeovers on the contributors.

Honored Contributor

Re: QVC x Carmindy Beauty collab

Isn't she the makeup artist from What Not To Wear? I think so.

She was a little too "gushy" for me at times. I think most of the ladies liked the results but I remember one time a woman was shown going into the restroom and wiping the makeup off!

Esteemed Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

Isn't she the makeup artist from What Not To Wear? I think so.

She was a little too "gushy" for me at times. I think most of the ladies liked the results but I remember one time a woman was shown going into the restroom and wiping the makeup off!

Yes, Carmindy was the makeup artist on "What Not to Wear".

Trusted Contributor

Qvc has been stale in the beauty category for ages. I've never been interested in Philosophy, Maran or IT.  Watching QVC is like watching reruns of a seriously boring infomercial.

I heard that her that line on HSN or Evine failed because the products lacked quality and were comparable to low end drugstore cosmetics

This is an interesting collaboration and I guess we'll see if they increase the quality, so it's truly a high end line.

Respected Contributor

I really enjoyed Carmindy on What Not to Wear. Loved her pretty makeup application. I have her 5 Minute Face Book. 

Honored Contributor

Q once again reaching back into the past ,  get someone more current

she was just OK, I would not look to her for a make up line in almost 2020 

Esteemed Contributor

Not into collabs. Agree they scream low end drug store.

Easy pass for me.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love the What Not to Wear show, Carmindy sure does know how to make anyone look pretty. I think she could be very successful on the Q if indeed the products were higher quality. It doesn't take much talent IMO to make the models look great in the makeup, but Carmindy makes the average woman look great, now that takes talent.

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkidsI wouldn't take that woman's reaction as a sign Carmindy didn't know what she was doing.  I never once saw anyone on WNTW who wouldn't have been majorly improved just with hair and make-up changes. I usually liked those changes better than the clothes that were chosen.   But I do think lots of those who appeared on that show really didn't care for make-up to begin with and I doubt they all kept up with the changes, but I don't remember ever seeing a follow-up.

Honored Contributor

@millieshops Oh I totally agree with you! You could tell a  few of the ladies just didn't want to wear makeup, and that's fine. I think she did a nice job -- didn't use a heavy hand and gave the women a lot of "tips" on makeup.