Contributor

Has anyone used the philosophy satin oil body mist?  Thought I would try it on it's own instead of the TSV, but it is $77.00 for 16oz bottle!! Yikes, is it worth it?

Trusted Contributor

@brady2 wrote:

Has anyone used the philosophy satin oil body mist?  Thought I would try it on it's own instead of the TSV, but it is $77.00 for 16oz bottle!! Yikes, is it worth it?

Honestly...that is the reason I did not get the TSV.  I have this oil mist in a smaller size....purchased it from the Philosophy website.  It is ok...but very little fragrance.  I was hoping the TSV had offered the large spritz with the set.  I really like it and order it often.  It is a light fragrance...and I always get the Pure Grace in the bath gel, body spritz, or perfume.  Very clean and one of my favorites.   I personally would not spend $77.00 on the oil body mist. 

Contributor

Thanks for your information. I ordered the TSV yesterday, and then changed my mind and cancelled order. I ordered AG and honestly, I thought about it and the only thing I hadn't tried was the oil spray, and think I was ordering TSV for that reason only.  I use to order a lot of Philosophy bath and body, and skin care, but skin care really wasn't doing it for me . and they really don't show much of it on QVC any more, so am using other products but haven't found any that I really like. Thanks for responding!

Respected Contributor

@brady2 wrote:

I have an am not a fan. It makes tile slippery. My least favorite of their scentld offerings.

Respected Contributor

@Mombo1  I, too, decided not to buy the TSV because of the oily body mist.  Like you, I tried it in a smaller size and it was almost scent-free, but very greasy.  Can't imagine they ever sold many of the body oil mists at the exorbitant price of $77.  I'd have bought the TSV if it had included a 16 oz. spritz.  The price would've been lower too.

Respected Contributor

I have been an Amazing Grace girl for years.  I have just about every form of moisturizing product that it comes in, including a 5.8 fl oz bottle of the satin-finish body oil mist. My particular bottle has a good, strong scent so that isn't the issue for me.  I find that the AG whipped body creme is the very best at moisturizing my skin and therefore I don't use the oil mist very often. It would take me forever to get through 16 oz.

On the plus side, I do like scrunching the body oil into my dry hair when I can remember to do it.  

Honored Contributor

I had thought of ordering the TSV because I wanted the FIL perfume; you can't get it any other way.

But the dry oil spray put me off.  I'm just not a fan of that kind of thing and knew I'd never use it.

So I'm going to have to live without any FIL until they do a set without that.  I also would've preferred the spritz and would've bought it in that configuration.

Respected Contributor

@Venezia 

I feel dumb asking this question: Has philosophy stopped selling falling in love as a stand alone spray fragrance?  I hadn't heard that.

Honored Contributor

@islandgrrl- Not a dumb question at all!  No, they still sell it but only the Eau de Toilette (or what they call "spray fragrance").  I wanted the perfume and QVC is the only way to get it.

It was the same when they had Inner Grace.  I actually wrote to them about it and, at that time, the only scent they sold on their own website as an EDP was Amazing Grace.  They told me to go to QVC for any others.

I did have a look at their website before I considered the TSV, but it was very slim pickings for FIL and no perfume.  Also, the 2 ounce EDT was almost as much as the whole TSV set with EDP!

I'd have jumped at the TSV if it had even included the body lotion instead of that dry oil spray.

Respected Contributor

@Venezia 

Super helpful!  Thanks so much for that detailed explanation. As I mentioned in my post above, I have been an AG girl since way back -- but I did fall in love with Falling in Love when it first came out as a fragrance.  I couldn't wait for the body firming lotion to layer on the scent.  Sadly, when the lotion arrived it didn't smell anything like the fragrance (to me).  I did not like wearing it at all.  As a result, I fell away from FIL.  Recently, I have been thinking about layering the FIL fragrance with AG body creme to see how they mixed together.  That is why your post caught my eye!

As an aside, do you use any of the FIL moisturizing products and do you feel the scent is close to the spray?