New Contributor

Any fears to order beauty products made in other countries as it cosmetics, made in china, due to the virus

Honored Contributor

@roses73  I don't think the germs can last that long on packaging but I am no expert.  Perhaps you can Google to find out how long germs live on packaging.  Actually, that could happen here in the U.S. if someone has the virus so I would not think it is just other countries.  This will eventually pass and hopefully our scientists will develop a cure.  Condolences to all of the families that lost loved ones to the virus.  Stay safe.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I am more worried about my NEIGHBORS

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@roses73  None at all.  The virus hasn't been found to live that long!  More chance of someone here in a store touching something with the virus and spreading it!

Regular Contributor

My concern regarding products from other countries is the quality of the ingredients used (not with legit "name brand" products), but that's where a lot of the "fake" products are made. Plus there also many cheap products available that are made with cheaper ingredients that are less effective and/or not safe.

As far as any contamination of the packaging, that's much, much more likely to occur closer to delivery. Any contamination that occured in the originating country is unlikely to still be viable by the time the package is delivered. It doesn't matter where the package originated if contamination occurs in the hours before delivery.

Honored Contributor

Re: other countries

[ Edited ]

@roses73 wrote:

Any fears to order beauty products made in other countries as it cosmetics, made in china, due to the virus

@roses73   I'm "wiping down" all packages before I bring them inside. Whether IT comes from China or not, it's handled by those unloading it here, stacking it in Q warehouses and then handling it to put it in envelopes to mail to customers and then our postman.... China's only one set of hands.

Respected Contributor

No.

Valued Contributor

I just received Taya haircare items from ShopHQ.I put all the jars in a big colander and sprayed a bleach solution on them.

Later on I wash them with soap.I do the same with most things I bring home.I try to buy detergents or things that are wrapped up in plastic.

If they can't be washed I transfer them to lock and locks.

I still purchase very few cosmetics,it will be weeks before I can use them anyway.

I wear a mask when I go to the supermarket.