Super Contributor

need a suggestion for foundation...

I have fair, oily skin, and have been using BE (mineral powder) foundation for many years. I have been very happy with it...except it seems to now be settling in to fine lines and wrinkles.

I thought maybe I should switch to a liquid - and have the BE on advance order.

In the meantime, I tried something from Benefit today (got a sample). This is the first time in ages that I have used a liquid foundation and, hopefully, I only look awful to me. When I looked in the bathroom mirror mid-morning the shine on my face was unbelievable (in a bad way).

This is a very long pre-amble to - do any of you have a foundation recommendation for wrinkles AND oily skin? That won't have me looking like an oil slick wthin hours?

Many thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Michele

PS I tried the IT celebration foundation, but it didn't work out for me.

Contributor

Re: need a suggestion for foundation...

I have found the Tarte Amazonian Clay liquid to be really good. I got it for that exact reason, oily skin and some wrinkles. It's matte and the clay seems to absorb oil... I'm sure there are many other good ones but so far I am loving this one. Good luck!

Contributor

I'm oily and wrinkly too! Been using the powder foundations the last few years, but just not happy with the coverage. Try using a mattifying, oil free primer (I use and like Rimmel London 002, but will be trying other drugstore ones). The liquid one I've had for a while and do like is Clinique Stay Matte, started back to using that this morning. I am convinced that nothing will keep me oil free all day, I do blot and it helps. A lot of the youtube beauty guru's like Cover Girl Outlast Stay Fabulous, supposedly has primer built in. I tried it once, it or something broke me out, didn't use it again. Another one youtubers seem to like is the Revlon Colorstay--pretty sure there's one for oily/combo skin. Good luck !!!

Valued Contributor

I, too, have noticed with BE that the powder foundation is very drying on my combo/oily skin. I went to Estee Lauder Double Wear liquid and found it was terrific at controlling those super oily areas I have on my face. Also, those dry and combo areas seem to like it as well. I have rosacea and very sensitive skin, so I am glad my skin liked it. I am very fair and got the color Shell (which only Estee Lauder dot com has right now). Department stores sell most of the other colors, but I got mine at Estee Lauder dot com with free shipping and free returns.

Honored Contributor

Try Laura Mercier and Stila. They both have oil free foundations and very nice products. Good luck.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Check out Laura Mercier and Stila. They both have oil free foundations

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

Michele, have you tried Tarte's tinted BB cream? I have been using that lately and really like it, although I recently tried the IT CC cream in their latest TSV because of the good reviews and its high SPF. I am still trying different amounts and ways to apply it, but do not think it works as well on my oily skin as the Tarte (I do use powder over both), so may be sending it back.

I used to use mineral makeup for years but wanted something with a little more coverage. I'm very fair and the fair shades in both Tarte and the IT are a good match. While I don't have bad wrinkles I will be 62 in a few days so don't want anything that is going to settle in my fine lines. I find that most liquid makeup tends to do that. This is why I like the Tarte BB cream as it acts more like a primer and with the powder over it I get good coverage and yet I don't look like an oil slick in a few hours.

I also tried the IT celebration foundation in the past but it wasn't enough coverage for me.

Super Contributor

Urban Decay has some interesting products. I think there are prep items you can use to control the oil. I have your same issues. I use a mattifying primer (Murad right now). LG also has one. UD is interesting because they have a SPRAY prep.

After your MU is done, I highly recommend using a high-def finishing powder. I buff it on with a kabuki brush for an air-brushed effect. Then to set you MU many use a facial mist. Both LG & UD have a spray made especially to set MU for oily skin. You can use it during the day to freshen up your look. Some keep it in the fridge in the summer.

One last step: LG & UD among others carry compacts of oil-blotting invisible powder. Use both am and for touchups. Use a puff or fan brush.

Good luck! It takes work but my MU no longer "melts off" my face in a few hours. I can last an extended work day.

Super Contributor

Lancôme make a nice foundation that is oil free. Chanel is another high quality brand that I have found works well...