Respected Contributor

No matter what brand eye liner I use it always ends up under my eyes. I guess that area on me is oily.  I even do a thin line and that doesnt help.  Not sure what I can try to keep it where it belongs!

Honored Contributor

Re: my eyeliner does this

[ Edited ]

@FlowerBear  I like Stilla waterproov felt tip liner.  It stays where I put it on me.  It doesn't even rub off or smudge below my eyes when I go for a massage.  Maybe it would help to try a makeup setting spray.  I think that maybe it has to do with eye and eyelid shape.  I have noticed that many who have smaller inset in eyes often have complain of this problem.

Valued Contributor

Re: my eyeliner does this

[ Edited ]

I also have oily eye-lids. I second the Stila eyeliner. Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner and Kat von D tattoo eyeliner works great. 

Respected Contributor

I only line under my eyes lol   i make such a mess trying to line above that i gave up

Honored Contributor

@FlowerBear wrote:

I only line under my eyes lol   i make such a mess trying to line above that i gave up

You might want to try a waterproof liner pencil that can be smudged right after putting it on.  That will make it all even and not necessary to be so precise.

Honored Contributor

@FlowerBear wrote:

No matter what brand eye liner I use it always ends up under my eyes. I guess that area on me is oily.  I even do a thin line and that doesnt help.  Not sure what I can try to keep it where it belongs!

@FlowerBear  Try using an eye shadow primer on your lid and I prefer BB Gel Liner or any waterproof liner. Use a fine tip brush dipped into the primer and place closely under lashes, too. 

Respected Contributor

I use a pencil eyeliner then set it with an eyeshadow in the same color (or close) applied with a thin eyeliner brush. I also use a fine, colorless setting powder under my eyes to lessen any transfer. This works for me.

Honored Contributor

@FlowerBear wrote:

@FlowerBear  - I used to have that problem until I started "setting" the liner with eyeshadow.  I take a brush and dip it in the same eyeshadow color of the liner (black, brown, etc) and trace the liner.  This sets the liner in place and prevents it from traveling.  (I use liner on my upper lid and under bottom lashes).  Try this - it may work for you.

Regular Contributor

I also was going to say Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner in the pot. It doesn’t move!!!

Honored Contributor

@FlowerBearb   Be careful what kind of eye cream you use.  If it is an oily cream, that will in most cases cause eye makeup to smear.  Even water proof.  I would suggest a gel  eye product  that will moisturize the eye area without oil   for when you are wearing eye makeup..