Contributor
Perhaps some Retin-A around the outside of lips along with some vitamin c serum. I have heard (but have not tried it yet) that No 7 wrinkle filler is a temporary fix. I am in the market for it to see if it helps my mild lip lines. Good luck and please report back on what you tried and your results🍀🍀🍀
Honored Contributor

Re: lines around lips

[ Edited ]

I use this tool. Buy it from Skinmedix dot com ($28 w/ free sh) but you can find this type in other places for less. I use the 0.5mm size and just a fair warning...it's very painful to use so I have to use a numbing cream. I use the Uber Numb Cream (5% lidocaine). Apply a layer of that on the area to be treated and cover with saran wrap for about 15 minutes then rinse thoroughly with water, dry then disinfect the area with 70% alcohol...do not fan dry, let it air dry (the numbing effects will last about 20 to 30 minutes so don't delay). Then you can start stamping. I go over the area three times. There will be pinpoint bleeding, sometimes quite a bit but wipe that off with water only after you're done, not during the stamping. I apply an organic camellia oil afterwards and no actives, sunscreen or makeup for 24 hours. Camellia oil is a natural antiseptic / antioxidant / anti-inflammatory.  I go through this entire process once monthly. I stamp my lip lines and marionette lines, too.

download.png

@GenXmuse 

@Katcat1 

Honored Contributor

@ruthbe wrote:

Does anyone like any product to help for the vertical lines around the mouth/lips??

(Not interested in surgery)  I'm afraid that is the only true thing that will help.  Thank you.

@ruthbe   I’ve always applied my Retin A, acid peel pads, Vit. C and whatever other skincare I’m using carefully around the mouth area. The constant exfoliation and moisturizing seems to have kept noticeable lines away. I do, however use a lip primer (or you can use your shadow primer) before applying lipsticks or gloss to prevent any “bleeding”.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee  Thank you.  How long does it last after treatment?

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@SilleeMee  Thank you.  How long does it last after treatment?

@Katcat1 

The collagen induced by needling can last for several years but as the older collagen goes away, it needs to be replaced on a regular schedule...in this case, once monthly for that size (0.5mm) needle. Results can be seen within a week and even right after the temporary redness and (sometimes) swelling goes away. But the best results are seen in about 3 weeks. I usually do 6 once-monthly treatments then take a break for 3 or 4 months...but that's up to you and how you feel your skin is taking it. You may want to stop sooner or continue on with more treatments. You be the judge of that.Woman Happy

Needle devices should be replaced about every 6 uses or when they start to feel like they are not going into the skin easily...you might feel some resistance when pressing the device into the skin. That's a dead give-away that you need to replace it.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I use this tool. Buy it from Skinmedix dot com ($28 w/ free sh) but you can find this type in other places for less. I use the 0.5mm size and just a fair warning...it's very painful to use so I have to use a numbing cream. I use the Uber Numb Cream (5% lidocaine). Apply a layer of that on the area to be treated and cover with saran wrap for about 15 minutes then rinse thoroughly with water, dry then disinfect the area with 70% alcohol...do not fan dry, let it air dry (the numbing effects will last about 20 to 30 minutes so don't delay). Then you can start stamping. I go over the area three times. There will be pinpoint bleeding, sometimes quite a bit but wipe that off with water only after you're done, not during the stamping. I apply an organic camellia oil afterwards and no actives, sunscreen or makeup for 24 hours. Camellia oil is a natural antiseptic / antioxidant / anti-inflammatory.  I go through this entire process once monthly. I stamp my lip lines and marionette lines, too.

download.png

@GenXmuse 

@Katcat1 

I really appreciate you taking the time to explain it to me. I know you’ve addressed this in the past so thank you for being patient with my questions! This is the one I had in mind to use. 

I have a question about doing the lines around the lips. Is it possible to use this without puncturing the lip itself? Can you get close enough to the lines without it crossing over to the lips? I’m assuming you don’t stamp your lips right? I imagine the area around the mouth are going to be the most painful. Numbing cream definitely sounds in order here. 

Did I recall correctly that you also get this professionally done by chance? 

Thanks again!

Honored Contributor

Re: lines around lips

[ Edited ]

@GenXmuse wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

download.png

@GenXmuse 

@Katcat1 

I really appreciate you taking the time to explain it to me. I know you’ve addressed this in the past so thank you for being patient with my questions! This is the one I had in mind to use. 

I have a question about doing the lines around the lips. Is it possible to use this without puncturing the lip itself? Can you get close enough to the lines without it crossing over to the lips? I’m assuming you don’t stamp your lips right? I imagine the area around the mouth are going to be the most painful. Numbing cream definitely sounds in order here. 

Did I recall correctly that you also get this professionally done by chance? 

Thanks again!

You'e welcome Woman Happy @GenXmuse 

With this type of device it is small enough to get around the lips without any problem. Stamping close to the lips is possible because of it's small size and avoiding stamping the lips is not difficult.  Do not stamp your lips, just stamp around them.

My first microneedle treatments were done by a licensed aesthetician. I asked a lot of questions when I was there and eventually I bought a book and read all about it before doing it on my own.  Been doing it on myself for about 5 or so years. I treat from hairline down to include my neck using different kinds and sizes of needles....some are rollers and some are stamps (large and small stamp devices). But I only have to numb my lip area...that's just too painfull if I don't.

Honored Contributor

Numbing products contain lidocaine which causes vasoconstriction. This property of lidocaine really isn't a good thing to have in or on the skin when needling because whenever you limit blood flow you also interfere with collagen production. So the best thing is not to use it at all if possible. But sometimes the pain is simply too much and using the numbing cream is a must for me. Use numbing creams at your discretion but keep that in mind when you do.

@GenXmuse 

@Katcat1 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee @Thanks so much! Don’t know what I’d do without you 

Honored Contributor

Thank you @GenXmuse  you're so sweet.Woman Happy