Honored Contributor
On 9/21/2014 CaitlinH said:

The only thing making my hair fall out is the stress of dealing with my bf bugging me on a daily basis about Wen Men

Cute post!

Respected Contributor

Everyone won't get the same results, but I believe the overwhelming majority of people trying WEN either have good results and stay with it, decide they like their lather and go back to it with no bad consequences, or decide it's too pricey and quit it with no bad consequences. It's also important to mention that the lawsuit against claims made by Guthy Renker (not Chaz) also concerns one of the formulas of WEN that Guthy Renker produces, which is not the same formula sold at Chaz's salon, website, or QVC (US).

In regards to washing your hair, of course we are washing our hair! It is a cleansing conditioner, not a regular conditioner which is not meant to cleanse. Before people had artificial surfactant to put in products, they mixed natural things and they washed their hair. Remember, humans didn't need Proctor and Gamble and Unilever to be clean for the last umpty nine centuries. When they were dirty throughout history it was because they only washed for Easter and Christmas, not because they didn't have anything to wash with. {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Valued Contributor

As I said, I have nothing personal against Chaz. Some of you can be quite mean. I have only one arm that works. I know I am not over cleansing. As a matter of fact the reason I have loved using Wen is because my hair stayed cleaner longer. My daughter by the way is a hair dresser. I was buying Wen ,not her products. I did show her the hair loss. She said maybe more comes out as I wash less often. The truth though is I have stopped using it and the hair loss is so much less. Thank you fore the kind-hearted people. For the others, try being kinder. I love Chaz and I love his dogs.

Respected Contributor
On 9/21/2014 domenica1 said:

As I said, I have nothing personal against Chaz. Some of you can be quite mean. I have only one arm that works. I know I am not over cleansing. As a matter of fact the reason I have loved using Wen is because my hair stayed cleaner longer. My daughter by the way is a hair dresser. I was buying Wen ,not her products. I did show her the hair loss. She said maybe more comes out as I wash less often. The truth though is I have stopped using it and the hair loss is so much less. Thank you fore the kind-hearted people. For the others, try being kinder. I love Chaz and I love his dogs.

I'm sorry about your arm, domenica1. Do you have a lot of trouble washing your hair or moving your arms in general?

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Valued Contributor

I'm sorry about your condition. I know how devastating it can be losing your hair. I would just tell you, that if you are allergic to something, it's better to avoid it. There a lot of creams I can't even use. At the first sign of a bad reaction, I stop use. I have very sensitive skin. We have to use what works for us. I don't think anyone was trying to be mean about your initial post, it was those who followed about clogged drains, etc. every time this topic comes up, some people come out of nowhere with exaggerated stories. Best wishes.
Formally NewtoWen
Respected Contributor
On 9/21/2014 kcladyz said:
On 9/21/2014 jurby said:

it's always interesting (and annoying at times) to me these complaints/comments about hair loss because a lot of the time the people complaining/commenting rarely state whether not they cleanse EVERY day or EVERY FEW days. it's commonly known that on an average day most people lose around 100 strands of hair throughout the day but don't really notice, especially if they cleanse every day. many people who complain about excessive hair loss either don't comprehend that fact or refuse to believe that fact. For people who only cleanse every few days, a lot more hair is obviously going to be noticed. that's a fact. personally, i believe that many of the people who complain about losing an "tons" of hair aren't cleansing every day thus of course they will notice a lot more hair shedding than people who cleanse every day. a huge problem is the people who's increased hair loss is due to health/medical conditions but that the people adamantly refuse to believe that their hair loss is due to anything but Wen. until people who experience hair loss problems actually make the honest effort to see their doctors to make sure their hair loss is NOT due to health/medical issues (ie. allergies, etc), people are just going to keep complaining and blaming Wen for their hair loss and they'll never believe that their hair loss issues are anything but due to Wen no matter how much anybody tries to tell them otherwise.

If someones dramatic hair loss starts when starting wen and immediately stops when stopping wen then its obvious its the wen causing the problem. People know their own hair and what is normal hair loss or not. Why are you being a DRAMA QUEEN when the original thread starter was being nice and polite when bringing up the topic?

Hair loss can also be an allergic reaction. I would imagine that many have bad reactions to many products that they have used, not only hair care products. To just blame Wen for their hair loss is just wrong and uninformed. The last Wen TSV sold over 100,000 units. Most of us who use Wen love it and wouldn't go back to using regular shampoo.

Super Contributor

There are some extreme WEN fans on these boards, and they go bananas when anyone mentioned the problems WEN products cause.

Mine was not only hair loss, but turned my gorgeous blonde hair a hideous orange/rust color. Thank heavens for Malibu that I just kept using til it was finally out!!!!!!!

Respected Contributor
On 9/21/2014 JamicaJammer said:

There are some extreme WEN fans on these boards, and they go bananas when anyone mentioned the problems WEN products cause.

Mine was not only hair loss, but turned my gorgeous blonde hair a hideous orange/rust color. Thank heavens for Malibu that I just kept using til it was finally out!!!!!!!

I have never heard of Wen changing someones hair color. Some of you Wen haters on this site have the most ridiculous claims about your experiences with Wen. Any hair loss was probably from an allergic reaction. My hair has never been healthier since using Wen.

Respected Contributor

Your doctor can tell you why your hair is falling out. Go in for your yearly physical, get a blood test including a panel for your hormone levels. I've been using Wen for a number of years and have never experienced hair loss.

Valued Contributor

To tell you the truth I am more worried about what happen to Doug as in “My name is Doug and I have mesothelioma” he’s been replaced by a new guy. Why?