Respected Contributor

My eyebrows are blonde and sparse. Actually thicker now that I'm older.

There used to be a place near me that used cold wax. They are long gone. When I had them done with regular wax my whole are turned red and puffy.

The high end salon I go to just hired a woman who does threading. I spoke to her and she told me what she'd do but that it hurt a little.

I use Joan Rivers powder that originally was for filling hair on head on. It's the only blonde color that works for me. My hair is dark blonde with blonde highlights.  I'm asked on occasion where I got them dyed (it's illegal in my state.) My only concern is will my brows grow back in.

Honored Contributor

For me, sparse blond eyebrows I would never thread.  I would continue using the powder you are happy with and pluck an occasional bad boy.  Just my opinion.

Honored Contributor

for me, threading hurts much more than waxing, PLUS it leaves me with tiny bumps, especially in the upper lip area. it isnt a bad idea to try it once to see how your skin reacts.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Threading is a killer.  Be prepared with a tissue, because your eyes tear.  The results is the same as waxing.  Def red and puffy after, but it is a killer.  

I too have gray/white sparse eyebrows.  I have to say they look much better after waxing or threading and I still use JR filler. Give it a try and see if you like the results.  But bring a tissue. One good thing, its over fast!!

Honored Contributor

I have had my brows threaded, yes it hurts. My eyes water and the skin turns red for a short time.  The brow area is really smooth when done.  I think it makes my brows look thicker.

Honored Contributor

Re: eyebrow threading

[ Edited ]

@lavendar wrote:

My eyebrows are blonde and sparse. Actually thicker now that I'm older.

There used to be a place near me that used cold wax. They are long gone. When I had them done with regular wax my whole are turned red and puffy.

The high end salon I go to just hired a woman who does threading. I spoke to her and she told me what she'd do but that it hurt a little.

I use Joan Rivers powder that originally was for filling hair on head on. It's the only blonde color that works for me. My hair is dark blonde with blonde highlights.  I'm asked on occasion where I got them dyed (it's illegal in my state.) My only concern is will my brows grow back in.

@lavendar   I think others addressed the pain involved, but not your other question re: would the brows grow back? Tweezing, waxing, any type of brow hair removal can damage the follicles and cause the brows to not grow back. I'd use the powder, a pencil or whatever you find that works and on your own, so you only take away the few stray hairs underneath, tweeze the brow hairs one at a time. 

I have dark, thick (almost Groucho Marx thick) brows. I had them professionally groomed once many years ago and the technician took 2/3 of them away. Luckily, they grew back, but I never stepped near a brow counter until a few years ago. I had them professionally shaped, lightened (hair naturally silver, no longer brunette) and now keep them up myself following her line. Use a magnifying mirror, ice the brows first, a good, sharp tweezers and witch hazel afterwards to calm the area. 

Respected Contributor

Thanks for all the replies. I think I'll see what I can do on my own. The reason my brows are thicker now is I used Rogaine 5 on them.

I'll do the powder and see what there is to tweeze. I suspect there are very few stray hairs.

My skin is uber sensitive. When I had them waxed the area was red and swollen. 

Eyebrows are in but I don't think I could ever get the kind I saw Anastasia do. I have a lot of grey but color it dark blonde and highlight it twice a year. I should be grateful that they match my hair so well. I might get that gel that she uses. I use hairspray over the powder but it's awkward using a big can. I don't use hairspray for anything else.

Respected Contributor

I meant to say "I color my hair dark blonde and highlight it twice a year."

Respected Contributor

I've had my brows threaded for 15 years. The hair always grows back. That's why I have gone for 15 years. I wish it was a one and done deal.  

It hurts but it is not unbearable. I love the results. For me, hot wax on your skin turns it red.  Not threading 

Contributor

Threading hurts like a son of a gun and I have a high pain tolerance. The good thing is that is lasted a long time. Bad thing I got bumps in my brows. They did go away after a time.