Esteemed Contributor

FYI...I got an email today from Firefox Monitor.

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

Re: data breach at Scentbird

I did, too!  Funny thing...I have never done anything but watch it on youtube.  No purchases....no nothing??????

I also got one from World Vision and I make all my payments by check?????????

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jubilant wrote:

I did, too!  Funny thing...I have never done anything but watch it on youtube.  No purchases....no nothing??????

I also got one from World Vision and I make all my payments by check?????????

@jubilant,  From what I've read about these data breaches, they collect and sell any database info they find on the sites they hack.   That means that even if you only had your email address and other basic info associated with the hacked site your personal info might have been compromised -- it wouldn't matter whether or not you saved payment credentials on the site.   Whatever pieces of data the hackers find, even if it's just an email address, they sell and share.

According to this article from yesterday, there might be as many as 18 sites involved:

"386 million user records stolen in data breaches — and they're being given away for free"

https://www.tomsguide.com/news/shinyhunters-breach-giveaway

Thanks for the thread, @esmerelda!   Always important for everyone to be aware.   

I hope both of you, and everyone reading here, are safe and well.❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo    Thanks for the info, I appreciate it.  I hope you are doing well, too.  I have my share of issues but my faith gives me much hope for a better tomorrow.