Valued Contributor

After reading the chat this morning I was wondering why we shouldnt be using our clarasonic  What do you think happened to them

Honored Contributor

@mollymaggie I'm using my Clarisonic just as I have for over 15 years.  I like what it does for my skin and I love the relaxation I feel as I finish with it.   I see no reason to stop using it until I can't find brushes or  it dies.

Honored Contributor

They priced themselves out of business and failed to remain competitive. 

Highlighted
Super Contributor

I have the MIA and have used it for ten years..never use dit on my body and still have the unused brushes..Its  sad that they priced themselves out !!!  But its the nature of the beast : products become obsolete after awhile . There are alot of knockoffs.....Dare I ask if anyone remembers Buff Puff from the late 1970's-early 1980's...Christmas gifts for my older sis and I to begin our skincare regime !  Clarasonic was very similar !

Respected Contributor

@withaK wrote:

I have the MIA and have used it for ten years..never use dit on my body and still have the unused brushes..Its  sad that they priced themselves out !!!  But its the nature of the beast : products become obsolete after awhile . There are alot of knockoffs.....Dare I ask if anyone remembers Buff Puff from the late 1970's-early 1980's...Christmas gifts for my older sis and I to begin our skincare regime !  Clarasonic was very similar !

@withaK  Yes, I used them until I bought my first Clarisonic, which is still going strong.  I'm still using my Buff Puff back/body scrubber. The original handle broke when I dropped it. Since they stopped making the handles, I'm ultra careful with this one. I put the body scrubber puffs on my Christmas list. DH can usually get a good buy at Amazon. 

Esteemed Contributor

Use it until it drops dead.

As I recall.......the inventor, Dr. Rob, sold the company (Google can tell you the name) about the time a much less expensive came out. (drug stores)..... I heard Dr. R making an issue how it wasn't the quality of Clarasonic.  He got his millions - about same time IT (Jamie) sold.

Apparently new buyer couldn't make a dime on it.

Honored Contributor

I have 2 Clarisonic Mias - Gen 1 & Gen 2.  Both are working like champs & I have 2+ years stock of replacement brushes.  I guess in a few years when I run out of replacement brushes, I'll throw them away & open up my Michael Todd Soniclear Petite.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.