Honored Contributor

Re: Your make-up products for a casual, easy, but enhanced eye look

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

Concealer (color correcting) on the inner-corners and a black smudgeable pencil liner applied to both top and bottom waterlines. Smudge out upper lids with emphasis on outermost portions of the lids. Brows get their tails extended a bit with a taupe pencil.

@SilleeMee Sounds like a good routine...fast and easy. Which color correcting concealer do you use? I’ve been using B.B. Corrector and then Concealer on top...would like to get that down to one step. Like you just darkness in inner corners. Thanks.

@Shanus

I use this Maybelline concealer. I remove the sponge-tip applicator (justs pulls off) then apply it with my own brush. I know from reading your posts that you use some high-end products, but really give this one a try...it's top-rated everywhere it is sold and cost about $8. Has a liquid foundation consistency and never settles. I use the Neutralizer shade and it's perfect for my inner corners.Woman Happy

71IZFdnaLvL._SY355_.jpg

@SilleeMee  Sorry if you got the impression I only use expensive products. I do use only drugstore mascara L’Oreal Voluminous for every day and Burt’s Bees gloss and medicated lip balm, Jergens Self Tan Lotion... Thanks for recommendation. Will try it if there’s a color fair enough....only reason I end up with dept. store products. 

Respected Contributor

@Trix ... Thanks for the reply.  I hate feeling a film or oil on my skin!  I'll look into it.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

I don't use much eye makeup daily at all. But I know that I would look better if I did.  For dress up, I do use a kohl eye pencil, 2 shades of shadow and a mascara.  But other than that, for just regular days, I don't use anything.  

I do want a quick, easy, every day eye makeup look.  Any suggestions as to what products to use and your application methods?  I am all about as few products as possible and fast and easy application.

Any tips would be appreciated! 

Hi @AngelPuppy1. I use concealer, Laura Mercier eye primer (or any other neutral shade to cancel out redness as serve as eye shadow), black or dark brown waterproof liner dotted and blended “between” top lashes and mascara. That’s it.... my every day eye makeup look. ***I use Mally’s waterproof liners, but any are OK.

@Shanus

Thanks!  If I don't use a liner of some sort, when I wear mascara, I get it smeared along the lash line no matter how careful I am.  I must be getting too close when I apply mascara, but if I don't, it doesn't look right.  I have redness on my lid so maybe using primer will Work!

@AngelPuppy1  That’s why I use the tight lining technique...liner is not on the lid. As far as mascara, try a lid primer, then a neutral powder shadow on top, or just the powder shadow. You may be using too lg. a mascara wand for your eye shape & it’s getting on your lid. When your liner is between lashes and not above on the lid, one coat of mascara is sufficient for an every day look. Let me know how it goes. 🌸

@Shanus

I really appreciate your post and information but since i have a lot of eye issues, I spoke to my eye doctor about this before and he said, please use minimal products on your eyes and as for this application, I would advise against it.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Thank you -- one and all -- for your very nice replies!  I appreciate them so much, and I've gotten a lot of good ideas.  Some new things and some things i had forgotten.  So, it's a good refresher!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin