Honored Contributor

Re: Your Mom’s Signature Fragrance

Shalimar 

Honored Contributor

My "mother" smelled of Chesterfield cigarettes. Ick.

Honored Contributor

Lilly of the Valley.  She had the cologne and body powder. It smelled cleaned and fresh on her.

Most fragrances would smell terrible on her.  I am the same way.  She would try different scents and they were mostly awful.

I very seldom wear any fragrance.  I smell better without it.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Jean Nate...My sisters and I placed a bottle of it, along with a few other memorial tokens, in her casket...I also have a robe of hers that still has a slight scent of Jean Nate and there are times when I hug the robe close...such wonderful, loving memories.  Heart

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

My mom, who was from Germany, wore 4711.

It's a traditional, crisp and clean German cologne that can be worn by both women and men.

My fresh-smelling deodorant is my scent, lol.  I like the packaging of 4711, though.  8)

Honored Contributor

I don't remember the scent of a particular fragrance on my mother, or her clothing, but thanks to a Vermont Country Store catalog, I remember the perfume bottles I saw on her dresser; Tigress, Woodhue, and Chantilly.  

Respected Contributor

My mother used Paloma Picasso.......l love that scent even to this day.......

Valued Contributor

My mother never liked or wore fragrance until Safari by Ralph Lauren came along. She only wore it to church and it smelled so good on her. It's been discontinued of course.
Honored Contributor

I remember when I was a kid my Mom had a bottle of Chanel No 5. She sold Avon at one point so she would wear some of their perfumes.

She wore Elizabeth Arden Red Door and Green Tea later in her life. But when she discovered the Irish perfume Inis that became her signature scent. I love to wear Inis now in memory of her.

Before Inis she wore another Irish perfume, I think it was called Innisfree. I should see if it's still available.
"If you really want to shock the world unleash your kindness"
Honored Contributor

Innisfree-eau-parfum-50ml-1200-720x802.jpg

"If you really want to shock the world unleash your kindness"