Regular Contributor

Has anyone tried the RMS powder blush in Kir Royale? What are your thoughts? I'm over 60 and afraid it maybe too much shimmer. 
thanks!

Trusted Contributor

@jobiz 

Took me a bit to figure this one out but I think you mean "RMS" beauty. I have not tried any of the blushes from this brand but I am very tempted. I've wondered if all the shades might be a little too sparkly for me. The texture of my skin does not look good with any kind of shine or illumination. Hopefully someone will chime in.

Regular Contributor

Thanks

Trusted Contributor

I don't use this blush but I will say I use a lot of shimmer in my makeup products and I see a big difference when I don't use it. My face looks flat and dry when I don't have some some shimmer. 

I do have a blush with shimmer from another company and when I use it people at work a.ways ask me what I am wearing and say my blush is so pretty.

Honored Contributor

@jobiz   I have the Kir Royale blush and I don't see any shimmer when I put it on.  It may look shimmery in the pan, but it doesn't look shimmery when it's on.

Trusted Contributor

@JudyL wrote:

@jobiz   I have the Kir Royale blush and I don't see any shimmer when I put it on.  It may look shimmery in the pan, but it doesn't look shimmery when it's on.

@JudyL 

In another thread you told me you liked the shade French Rose. Do you see any shimmer in it? I have some Laura Geller blushes in both the natural and satin finish. And many times I think they're too "glowy." Especially the satin finish. Maybe I apply too much. And I do have wrinkles, large pores, and definitely not the best skin. Thanks (again) for any thoughts.  

Respected Contributor

@jobiz wrote:

Has anyone tried the RMS powder blush in Kir Royale? What are your thoughts? I'm over 60 and afraid it maybe too much shimmer. 
thanks!

I have this RMS blush and no there is no shimmer!  It is very pretty on.  Looks darker in the pan.  I have very light olive skin and I am 70 and I like it!!

Honored Contributor

@jobiz and @PansyBoo  - just to be sure, I went and put the Kir Royale on one cheek and the French Rose on the other.  Neither have shimmer.  They make look shimmery in the pan but they are not when worn.  The RMS blushes are so pretty and look very nice on.  With a fluffy brush you can put just a little on or add more if you want.   They go on easily and blend well.  I start with just a little bit on the brush and go from there.  If you have any questions, let me know.

Honored Contributor

@JudyL @jobiz 

@bargainsgirl @PansyBoo @MG Chris 

I have one RMS powder blusher that is supposed to act as a "filter".

It has titanium dioxide in it so it breaks me out. It for me is not worth the effort of applying it. 
Sorry for a bad report!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@LTT1  - No need to apologize.  We are all different and can tolerate different things.  Thank goodness there is so much blush out there for all of us to enjoy!