Respected Contributor

Melissa55

Respected Contributor

Re: You tube question

[ Edited ]

Angie of Hot&Flashy--for a layperson, she really knows her stuff.  She tries to do research on products before using/recommending them.  I like it that she reviews drugstore makeup as well as high end--and also reviews all price ranges of skin care!  She has many makeup tutorials, too...again--some done with drugstore items some done with more expensive items.  Her videos don't drag on and on either.  They pretty much get to the point.  She provides links to items she reviews and has great attention to detail.  I like it, too, that she shows closeups of her face without makeup.  Others stay far away from the camera.  

Honored Contributor

@Ainhisg wrote:

Angie of Hot&Flashy--for a layperson, she really knows her stuff.  She tries to do research on products before using/recommending them.  I like it that she reviews drugstore makeup as well as high end--and also reviews all price ranges of skin care!  She has many makeup tutorials, too...again--some done with drugstore items some done with more expensive items.  Her videos don't drag on and on either.  They pretty much get to the point.  She provides links to items she reviews and has great attention to detail.  I like it, too, that she shows closeups of her face without makeup.  Others stay far away from the camera.  

I was watching a Beauty by Anne-Marie video, and she was demonstrating how she applies castor oil to her eyelashes.  While she appears to be a sweet, genuine person, she stayed far away from the camera, and all her face was done up except for the one eye on which she was doing the demonstration.  If a person is going to be a YouTube beauty guru, he/she needs to be prepared to get real with the audience with close-ups, no filters, and no make-up imo.

@Ainhisg- Did you see Angie's video where she interviewed Nicole Kidman about her beauty routine?  I was surprised that she actually got the opportunity to interview a big celebrity like Nicole.

Respected Contributor

@San Antonio Gal, yes, I did!  She also has had a column in a women's magazine.  (Maybe she still does?)  I think it was Woman's Day but not for sure.  I look forward to her videos every Tuesday and Friday.  I watch almost every one even if I don't think I'll be interested, and I do often learn something.  I also enjoy reading the comments below her videos as others have good suggestions. 

Respected Contributor

Dominique Sanchese  Age 50 or so

1  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHCzGvaMAug  (how to look 10 years younger

2  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAuOKtQY_S8  (2 minute Makeup)