Honored Contributor

Re: YOUTH PILLS?

[ Edited ]

I just started taking theseINOW Silica Complex with Horsetail Extract

Esteemed Contributor

I just saw this post, the initial one, and don't have time to read the 10 pages of comments here, so I don't know if what I am writing has been brought out before.

I don't know what is the supplement being discussed, but scientific studies have found that ingestion of hyaluronic acid supplements "inhibits skin wrinkles and improves skin condition."  This is the conclusion of a study published in 2018: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5522662/.  This study has before and after pictures in addition to the scientific data.  There are also additional published studies on this subject with similar results.

I can't comment on specific supplements, I am no scientist, and I no longer have the research that I have done in the past readily available.

Personally, I did decide to start taking on a regular basis the Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides Powder with Hyaluronic Acid and Vitamin C supplement beginning in May 2022, and since that date, my skin has shown noticeable improvement.  I guess that may be mostly attributable to the collagen, but at the time I chose this specific product, I did research on HA because the Vital Proteins with HA costs more, so I wanted to know if that supllementation was worth the expense.  I found many studies that concluded that HA is beneficial to skin.

Healthline and WebMD also have articles on the benefits of HA supplementation.

Sorry if this is duplicative of other comments.

Trusted Contributor

Re: What do we think about the sulphites?

@SilleeMee 

Curious, do you have concerns about it if you aren't allergic?

I know it's in lots of things. 

Thanks for all your help.Woman Happy

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals" -Immanuel Kant

"Once you have had a wonderful Dog, a life without one, is a life diminished"-Dean Koontz
Trusted Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

Yes, it was discussed that HA supplementation was helpful. No worries, you are adding to the experiences with it. Great to know! After looking into it myself. I'm definitely going to start on an HA supplement.

I also take the Vital Proteins collagen powder and didn't realize they had one with the included vit c and HA. I will definetly check that out. Thanks.Woman Happy

"Once you have had a wonderful Dog, a life without one, is a life diminished"-Dean Koontz
Honored Contributor

@GingerHead wrote:

@SilleeMee 

Curious, do you have concerns about it if you aren't allergic?

I know it's in lots of things. 

Thanks for all your help.Woman Happy

@GingerHead 

I've never had any problems with sulphites that I know of. One of my supps contains chlorella and I take it everyday.

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee 

Thanks! Woman Happy

Valued Contributor

How is your beautiful hairy friend?

Trusted Contributor

@fluffysmom wrote:

How is your beautiful hairy friend?

Hi, I'm not sure if you're talking to me...but I'll tell ya anyway, haha. 

My little guy, Wally, with the big ears is fantastic and spoiled rotten and is one of the loves of my life.Woman Happy

How about yours?  With a name like that, you must have a hairy friend as well.

Trusted Contributor

Re: YOUTH PILLS?

[ Edited ]

Hiding here from the rest of the forum and all the craziness and uproar over hosts being let go. Just wanted to say that my name is _ _ _ _ _ and I have a problem.  Woman Tongue

Whispering that..... I did end up caving and bought the pills, the day after for about $8.00 more. I figure there are a number of good ingredients included in them that I am interested in taking and individually they would add up to around that price (my way of justifying). Also, I only plan on taking one a day.  

That's all.  I felt the need to share, not that anyone cares! haha

Esteemed Contributor

GLAD YOU GOT THEM GingerHead.

I ONLY PLANNED ON TAKING ONE A DAY AS WELL,  AS I AM A TINY PERSON AND ALWAYS CUT DOSES OF EVERYTHING  IN HALF.

I HOPE THEY WORK OUT GREAT FOR YOU!