Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@Faceplacegirl 

bamboo powder extract

What?  What does this do?  I must have missed this conversation.

@monicakm I believe the discussion was about using bamboo extract for bones.  I was diagnosed osteopenic and took it for awhile before getting my next bone scan which came out fine.  I stopped taking it for now, for one reason because there's a warning that people with thyroid issues should not take it long term, although I couldn't find anything but one study on mice as a reason.  I need to go back on it since I think I have another scan coming up in about 6 months.  

Honored Contributor

@weezer111 wrote:

NO HURT IN TRYING IT GingerHead.
I AM.

HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE.  CAN TAKE IT FOR A MONTH AND IF THERE ARE NO RESULTS, RETURN IT AND GET YOUR  $20 BACk. I AM HOPING TO SEE RESULTS IN SKIN, HAIR, AND NAILS.

HOPING I LOVE IT AND CONTINUE ON AD.

HAVE A GREAT EVENING!!

@weezer111  - That's great that you're going to try them!  I agree - why not?  Nothing to lose.   Hope you have positive results and maybe we'll hear back from you in a review.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: YOUTH PILLS?

[ Edited ]

@weezer111 wrote:

NO HURT IN TRYING IT GingerHead.
I AM.

HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE.  CAN TAKE IT FOR A MONTH AND IF THERE ARE NO RESULTS, RETURN IT AND GET YOUR  $20 BACk. I AM HOPING TO SEE RESULTS IN SKIN, HAIR, AND NAILS.

HOPING I LOVE IT AND CONTINUE ON AD.

HAVE A GREAT EVENING!!

@weezer111   It's rare to see results in any skincare in 30 days. ...and how much is return shipping?

Esteemed Contributor

WILL DEFINITELY POSTS MY THOUGHTS San Antonia Gal.

LOOKING FORWARD TO TRYING THEM.

HAVE A WONDERFUL HUMP DAY!!!

REALLY DO NOT INTEND ON RETURNING THEM Shanus, BUT WOULD CANCEL  AD INSTEAD.

IF I  DO DECIDE TO RETURN THEM,  I AM NOT CONCERNED ABOUT THE FEW BUCKS TO SHIP BACK.  AFTER ALL I WILL HAVE TAKEN THE SUPPLEMENT FOR A MONTH.

I TEND TO SEE RESULTS WITH MOST THINGS I USE IN A COUPLE OF WEEKS OF USE,  BUT THAT IS JUST ME.

HAVE A GREAT DAY AS WELL!!

Trusted Contributor

@weezer111   I hope you love them!   And make us who did not buy them on the TSV jealous.   

Esteemed Contributor

XOXO NADA54!!!

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@Faceplacegirl 

bamboo powder extract

What?  What does this do?  I must have missed this conversation.

@monicakm 

Bamboo extract contains silica which is a large building block of collagen. 

Valued Contributor

@GingerHead wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

The ELEMIS pills do not contain any collagen. They are PRO-collagen supps meaning they are formulated to support collagen and it's production in the skin. Apparently this supp contains a fairly new type of hyaluron where it contains multiple size molecules most useful in the skin. The other ingredients are a combination of anti-inflammatories and antioxidants with some of them promoting healing and collagen production.

Ingredients:

elemis pills.jpg

Image taken from UK.ELEMIS dot com.

To your point, I did find this https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34933842/

I caught Emer say during the presentation that it was a "full spectrum" hyaluronic acid, like you stated multiple weight.  

I don't think I'd buy at this point because I'm not sure it would make that much of a difference for the price. I wonder if that ingredient could be found for cheaper?

*********************************************************************************************

I learned about ExceptionHYALStar last year in a casual (not treating me) conversation with an Ophthalmologist about dry eye.  At that time I looked around trying to find a supplement but gave up.

The PubMed article you linked among other findings gives a result at 28 days of -18.8% decrease in wrinkle depth using 200mg of ExcetionHYALStar (same amount in the TSV).  The article includes the DOI link to additional information and in discussion (if you make it to the end)  makes some convincing statements about using full spectrum ha.

Thank you for the link to an exciting development in the beauty industry.  

libby's folly
Trusted Contributor

What do we think about the sulphites?

[ Edited ]

This may get lost in the shuffle. I didn't order, the price and the sulphites keep me from ordering. It's still available for around $8.00 more. Thinking about it is starting to hurt my brain. haha

Someone else posted (forgive me I forget and too lazy to look back) about the sulphites listed in the ingredient deck (chlorella powder ( sulphites) .  Are these concerning to anyone? 

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals" -Immanuel Kant

"Once you have had a wonderful Dog, a life without one, is a life diminished"-Dean Koontz
Honored Contributor

Re: What do we think about the sulphites?

@GingerHead wrote:

This may get lost in the shuffle. I didn't order, the price and the sulphites keep me from ordering. It's still available for around $8.00 more. Thinking about it is starting to hurt my brain. haha

Someone else posted (forgive me I forget and too lazy to look back) about the sulphites listed in the ingredient deck (chlorella powder ( sulphites) .  Are these concerning to anyone? 

@GingerHead 

Sulphites are known allergens. That's why it's listed in bold print on the label.