Honored Contributor

There are so many interesting post names/nicknames. Anyone care to share how you chose yours? Mine is the nickname my Dad used to call me since I can remember. In Hebrew, it means "Pretty" or "Pretty One". 

Respected Contributor

Re: YOUR POST NAMES/NICKNAMES

I was born in Indiana, but lived most of my life in California before moving back to Indiana 13 years ago.  Therefore "hoosieroriginal".  Nice post - I'm interested too!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

When I was a kid (LONG before caller ID!) my father woud sometime answer the phone by saying "That's Me!" rather than "Hello".  It caught the caller off guard, and made everyone laugh (or roll our eyes, lol).  It also makes sense in this anonymous world.... we don't use our real names, so who is posting here?  It's me!

Honored Contributor

Shayna is the spelling used more often and it is definatley Yiddish not Hebrew, Yahfah is the word for pretty girl in Hebrew.

Yiddish and Hebrew are not the same languages

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Trusted Contributor

I used to be shelbybiskit, which were 2 of my fur babies that passed on. Then they made me change my name with the new website, so I had to think of something else. I chose it from one of my favorite movies, Once Around.

Thanks for starting this thread, I love it!

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Respected Contributor

Mine speaks for itself.  Born and raised in Detroit, lifelong hockey fan, therefore RedWingsGal  !!!

This is fun to see everyone's answers

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Esteemed Contributor

There was a thread on this same topic this summer.  At the time, we were in between dogs, having just lost our sweet Quincy to cancer.  It wasn't a good time and we still miss him terribly.  We always will.

My answer at the time was that my nic wasn't exactly true right then, because we were dogless.  But I am happy to say that we are "Tending 2 a dog" again. 

Willoughby has entered our lives and filled our hearts.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

Good topic.  Mine goes waaaay back to younger days when I had vanity plates on my car saying 2BLONDE.  I think the main reason why I picked that was many of the other names I had chosen were already taken at the BMV.  All my girlfriends had them, so I had to have them too!  One girl was 5'10", and was 2TALL.  Another tall girfriend had LEGGS on her plates (she had really nice ones too!).  Obvously, I thought my long blonde hair was my best physical asset.  (I still have those license plates in my bedroom!)

Laura loves cats!
Occasional Contributor

I really enjoy gardening and especially enjoy the spring time when I get to plant/sow things, I love to grow a variety of vegetables/herbs so I decided on  Thyme 2 Sow. : )

Valued Contributor

I am a cat lover.  I love Hello Kitty but there was a very nice neighbor cat that hung around outside and whenever she was on our banister I would say, "Hello kitty" and love on her. For some reason when the Q changed their forums a year or so ago I couldn't sign in as just Hellokitty and had to add the 2.