Trusted Contributor

Re: Worst Beauty Products You've Tried

Any product by Wen. I get mad at myself for the money that I spent trying to find the right combination. AGGGHHHH!! 

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning
Respected Contributor

@mistriTsquirrelThough I haven't tried the blue-cap version, I think that one of the reasons you had a problem with it might have been that you "rubbed" your eyes "quite a bit" with it.  Usually, with removers of waterproof eye make-up, it's recommended that you hold the saturated cotton pad on your eyes for about 15 seconds to let the product do most of the work for you, and then swipe a few times firmly but gently  But again, with the bad reaction you had, I wouldn't try that with the blue-cap Garnier!  

Respected Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

@Anita Hug wrote:

Hope in a Jar.  I wanted to love it I gave it a few chances, but each time was a disaster. I nicknamed it "zits in a jar". 

@Anita Hug  I used to like that stuff years ago.  (Obviously it didn't give me zits like it did you.)  The problem I encountered with it happened when I bought a supersize jar here on QVC.  I didn't open it right away, as I was familiar with the product and assumed it would be fine.  When I did open it, the cream was watery and yellow, and it was too late to return it.  That was when I decided to stop buying it.

Same thing happened to me!  Large jar went rancid!  Thats when i stopped using it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

IT COSMETICS!!!  The mascara made my eyes burn and difficult to remove too!!! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

Pantene shampoo and conditioner, made my hair like straw after only one small bottle of each.

Calista "curl it" also made my hair like straw, but at least I was able to return it for full refund

Any toothpaste with a whitening ingredient.  We already have sensitive teeth, and dentist told us not to use anything with whitening, even the Sensodyne

Younique mascara-ughhhh the stuff that goes on in two steps, one use-out it went

Funny how some things work for some of us and not for others!!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Contributor

Jose Maran argan oil, gave me sun poisening.

Respected Contributor

Josie Maran Argan exfoliating cleansing powder/ too harsh/ tried ever which way

Purity cleanser/ drying

Acure Argan oil/ horrible scent

Acure day & night cream/ scent & citrus ingred,'s

Philosophy's HIAJ/ could not get passed the scent

JM's do not like her perfumes at all

Dr. Young's Camilla oil cleanser/ made my eyes irritated/ prefer Tatcha

JM's Argan cleansing oil/ too thick, just gave it to my daughter

Of course, there are others over the course of time that I used up or returned but thats all I can think for now. To those of you that use any of these product & like them...glad they work for you.

Esteemed Contributor

@Poodlepet2 wrote:

Hello @mistriTsquirrel! Great thread! I never tried Purity, but Genie never worked for me and the "freeze" product that PTR made was no better-no matter how I applied it!

Well @mistriTsquirrel, even though you are not diabetic, by all means, feel free to join us as well-and your squirrelly brain should be telling you nuts are a great way towards better nutrition!

I'm a pseudo vegan, but I can't do heavy carbs of any kind-but I do have'em!

Oh- another product that bombed: years ago, I tried the Biore pore strips....DD is now 22, and she insisted on trying them. When she was 16, she did: her first use was her last one! Raw nose and partially left behind strip that did not want to come off...Hail no! ("Hail" in this case has a Southern pronunciation-two syllables to stand for the place where the devil lives!)

Poodlepet2

Thanks, @Poodlepet2!  

I, too, had a bad experience with Biore pore strips.  Lost a little bit of skin on my nose.  However, I'd had good luck with them previously.  I learned that when I apply them, I should wait for longer than the instructions say before removing them.  If I leave one on for 30 minutes or an hour, it gives my skin enough time to produce the amount of oil necessary to make the blackheads slip out easily and the pore strip come off without taking any skin with it. 

I can tell you won't be trying the product again, but maybe somebody else will read this post and find it helpful.  Smiley Very Happy

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Esteemed Contributor

That's quite a list, @Lipstickdiva!!  Smiley Wink

Esteemed Contributor

@BARBIE100 wrote:

Any product by Wen. I get mad at myself for the money that I spent trying to find the right combination. AGGGHHHH!! 

@BARBIE100  I feel like I tried really hard to like the Wen, and I don't know why.  Maybe because people on this board kept telling me that if I wasn't getting good results it's because I wasn't using the product correctly.  Smiley Frustrated  I followed the instructions, and I watched Chaz describing how to use the product.  That should've been sufficient instruction to use a hair cleanser.