Trusted Contributor

Winky Lux Diamond Complexion Powder

Has anyone here on the boards tried this powder foundation sold on HSN?  Very few reviews, particularly with regard to how shades read.  I'd like to try it as they describe it as being a 'matte glow finish'.  If anyone here has any experience with this particular item from the brand, can you share if the medium has a yellow undertone and is not too light, as I might want to try the medium-deep.  Thank you in advance girls, I'm always looking to you here for tried and true reviews!

Frequent Contributor

Re: Winky Lux Diamond Complexion Powder

I ordered this in Medium Deep and I'm NOT impressed. It runs light ( I wear Med. Beige in BE). There is no coverage with the brush- NONE. Light coverage when you use the sponge that comes in the compact and then it looks cakey. It is more like a finishing powder not a foundation. Matte finish, not sparkle just a very light shimmer only in direct sun. To me it's no better than drugstore quality and over priced.
Respected Contributor

Those two descriptions don't go together -- matte and glow.

Trusted Contributor

@MillieMilan - thank you so much for your accurate description in answering my question.  This has totally helped!

@makena  -  yes, I know - that is what intrigued me.  I'm hoping it is different than most powders that illuminate, such as IT'S Celebration Illlumination.  Just thought I'd try it.

Thank you both so, so much!

Respected Contributor

@fitfuninformed wrote:

@MillieMilan - thank you so much for your accurate description in answering my question.  This has totally helped!

@makena  -  yes, I know - that is what intrigued me.  I'm hoping it is different than most powders that illuminate, such as IT'S Celebration Illlumination.  Just thought I'd try it.

Thank you both so, so much!

That's how they get you .... with the descriptions and the words they use.  Now if the product only lived up to it.

Honored Contributor

I would not buy a product called "Winky Lux" regardless of what its supposed to do. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Frequent Contributor

I forgot to mention, I did decide to keep this because I really like it as an all over eye lid base color.