Esteemed Contributor

Re: Why is it that people get so passionate about their views on things like .....

On 5/9/2014 chrystaltree said:

Some people simply take trivial things too seriously. Also there's an older demographic on this board that is terribly judgmental and mired in 1982.

This quote is a perfect example. The thread is going along nicely and then someone has to get in an age dig.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Why is it that people get so passionate about their views on things like .....

On 5/9/2014 Nancy Drew said:

Some people simply take trivial things too seriously. Also there's an older demographic on this board that is terribly judgmental and mired in 1982.

This quote is a perfect example. The thread is going along nicely and then someone has to get in an age dig.

LOL

Respected Contributor

When you're anywhere on the web there's anonymity. Did I spell that right.. is it used properly? Smiley Happy

Put it in perspective. These aren't people you have to deal with in your everyday life. You make the choice to come and participate.

I don't think name calling is necessary to get a point across- nor does a mean-spirited post.

But this is the internet, where anything goes. You can't take it too personally at all.

Keep perspective..

.... let it ROLL OFF...

....and join another more friendly discussion if it's upsetting. I think when you place it in perspective it probably isn't so ominous at all.

There will always be snarly comments- whether anyone likes it or not. That doesn't make it right. I figure that person's insecurity is rearing its ugly head. They use these tactics due to what's lacking in their everyday non-cyber lives. To me it screams self-esteem issues.

Respected Contributor

As far as out-and-out name calling.. it violates community rules. Those rules get broken unless it's reported.

Respected Contributor

On 5/9/2014 Happy Elizabeth said:

I simply cannot be friends with anyone who doesn't share my views on Beauty products and QVC hosts. ;-)

Respected Contributor

On 5/9/2014 scatcat said: You mean whether right? It is raining pretty hard here...

Our whether is quite nice here.. forecast is sunny, high of 82 degrees. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Respected Contributor

WOW! Amazing what benign subject matter people report to webbie. So silly.

Honored Contributor

When someone's opinion is judgmental and insulting to others then it is no longer an opinion or view - it's bashing others and many do it just because they are nasty and want to incite. Like others stated that's why a lot of our younger generations have no respect for others when they were raised by those who don't.

Respected Contributor

I think it must be a ''young'' thing...When you get some years on you, none of those things matter at all. The 'fire' that use to be there dwindles to a slow burning ember and you mellow with age...just appreciating the fact that you are still ''here''...to heck with everything else. Once in a while, a 'flare up' comes...but not often.

Super Contributor

On 5/10/2014 PinkSugar said:
On 5/9/2014 Nancy Drew said:

LOL

Exactly my thoughts, Nancy