Esteemed Contributor

Re: Why is it that people get so passionate about their views on things like .....

On 5/9/2014 suzyQ3 said:

Ready, set, go:

Never gets old. This always makes me smile. Thanks for the smile, suzy.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

Re: Why is it that people get so passionate about their views on things like .....

On 5/9/2014 ury said:
On 5/9/2014 suzyQ3 said:

Ready, set, go:

Never gets old. This always makes me smile. Thanks for the smile, suzy.

You're most welcome, ury.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I save my passion for my bedroom.

Regular Contributor

That said, I feel uncomfortable correcting a couple of friends who forever use "your" in place of "you're" (you're welcome).

Haha, you must be a mind reader as I was thinking, not only do I see this a lot, I sometimes fall guilty, when I am typing too fast, not paying attention, etc.! The crazy spirited discussions are what keep me hear though (lol)!

Esteemed Contributor

What annoys me is when someone will take the time to write a "not nice " post. Like they are having a bad day and have to put it in a post to ruin someone else's day. Can we just stick to the subject? I read a post the other day where a poster is obviously upset that she has a personal engagement that is hurting her financially so she just had to write a snippy post. No one cares, get over it and keep your nastiness to yourself.
Super Contributor

I think people just want to be acknowledged...

Super Contributor

I simply cannot be friends with anyone who doesn't share my views on Beauty products and QVC hosts. ;-)

Regular Contributor

I gotta say the deer for me, does get old, very old. But now, that's just MY opinion, I am now bracing myself for yours!
Respected Contributor

On 5/9/2014 taja123 said:

What surprised me when I first arrived and still does today, is the way posters personally attack one another. Every opinion can be disagreed on, and another opinion given, but on this forum, the order of the day seems to be to personally attack the poster instead of the opinion.

For instance, "I don't like the TSV - it's old looking and dowdy. I would never wear that!"

This poster would be torn apart for her opinion. "Post a picture of yourself. You think you know everything. You have no fashion or style."

Instead of attacking the opinion, the OP is attacked brutally. That is what I call bullying.

ITA, differing points of view are one thing but personal attacks and name calling are out of line, IMO.
Trusted Contributor

On 5/9/2014 ChicagoHeather said:
On 5/9/2014 Krimpette said:

It just seems that no matter the forum, no matter the topic, things can turn into an argument of sorts in a flash. Where is all the anger coming from, I wonder.

I've wondered that for years. Our country definitely has tipped to lightning quick tempers and fanaticism over even the most trivial issues - even ones that have nothing to do with others as mentioned by the OP.

It's so easy to be nasty, judgmental and rude when it's anonymous. If people would stop and think if they would feel comfortable saying these things to people in person before responding,it might be more civil. Honestly, would you want to be friends with someone who was so nasty?

As to the nation-wide tempers and fanaticism, this is being driven by certain media outlets that thrive on viewer's ignorance.