Honored Contributor

Re: Why is HSN disguising a word in their Benefit kit?

WEN used to do a TSV at Christmas with 5 bottles and each had a DVD and a booklet and I remember they used to cover half the booklet because people were naked but nothing was showing. However, the illusion of it may offend people, so the covered them up.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

WEN used to do a TSV at Christmas with 5 bottles and each had a DVD and a booklet and I remember they used to cover half the booklet because people were naked but nothing was showing. However, the illusion of it may offend people, so the covered them up.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

Because people would be complaining about that.  People pick anything to complain about.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

I don't think use of the word is any big deal. That said, it's a stupid name for a cosmetic kit, obviously coined to garner customer attention and to capture a certain demographic... I do find it somewhat ridiculous that if HSN is going to carry the kit they refuse to use/show the name, however goofy it might be...

@stevieb, that's exactly how I feel about it.  I feel the same way about Nars Orgasm line of products.   

I'll even go so far as to say I find it sad that this is what needs to be done to attract a younger demographic. 

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva I completely agree with you... I'm not sure if this is what needs to be done to attract the demo they want, or if it's what Madison Avenue, in their infinite wisdom... assumes needs to be done. Either way, it's pitiful...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

How about Too Faced mascara calling it Better than S*x??? Is this necessary?? I dont think it is at all.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

About 15 yrs ago, my gym installed a Big Ass Fan in the open area

for air circulation.  I remember giggling over the guys wearing

vendor shirts ‘Big Ass Fan’ w/ a picture of a donkey.   

Their website has fans for everyone...including schools.

”Just contact our Big Ass Fan Experts to fill your

Big Ass Solutions.  We don’t do anything ‘Half Assed!”

Love how they made the word ‘Ass’ into a bit & profitable company.

Embrace the Big Ass!

E787F9F5-30A8-4470-B5FE-E44755FB1DAA.jpeg