Highlighted
Super Contributor

Why does Shawn constantly do this?????

I was trying to watch the holiday beauty show with Shawn last night, especially interested in the Kristofer Buckle 3 piece eye and lip kit A303484.,  As soon as Kristofer started to demo the "magic eraser" end of his liquid liner....Shawn completely turned her back to him and the camera (PLUS THE BUYING AUDIENCE) and was playing with the product in the mirror. She didn't even turn around after a second or two but kept on mumbling towards the mirror. The poor vendor was left hanging and trying to show how to work the item clearly uncomfortable. Watch the presentation video, I am not kidding.

I planned on purchasing this item....but Shawn's complete lack of attention and professionalism persuaded me not to. How rude and childish can one host continue to be to the professional vendors/inventors and THE CUSTOMERS trying to purchase an item? I have never posted anything about a particular host but this behavior is out of control!

Respected Contributor

Re: Why does Shawn constantly do this?????

Because she wants to and many like her and tptb keep her employed.

Honored Contributor

@Coopsmommy There isn't much of the old fashioned professionalism left in the world.You just have to make a decision based on your own needs and research.

Trusted Contributor

I didn't see anything that wrong with it.  She looked gorgeous in that little black dress.  

The liqud liner looked really good too.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Coopsmommy wrote:

I was trying to watch the holiday beauty show with Shawn last night, especially interested in the Kristofer Buckle 3 piece eye and lip kit A303484.,  As soon as Kristofer started to demo the "magic eraser" end of his liquid liner....Shawn completely turned her back to him and the camera (PLUS THE BUYING AUDIENCE) and was playing with the product in the mirror. She didn't even turn around after a second or two but kept on mumbling towards the mirror. The poor vendor was left hanging and trying to show how to work the item clearly uncomfortable. Watch the presentation video, I am not kidding.

I planned on purchasing this item....but Shawn's complete lack of attention and professionalism persuaded me not to. How rude and childish can one host continue to be to the professional vendors/inventors and THE CUSTOMERS trying to purchase an item? I have never posted anything about a particular host but this behavior is out of control!

@Coopsmommy. I have to agree either you.  I saw the presentation as well.  Shawn has become so self absorbed .  I was waiting to hear if the eye items were good for sensitive eyes and ingredient Info.. never happened!  Shawn just never gives details which I do t like.  It's clear the shows are about Shawn.  

Respected Contributor

Just in her own world.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

She seems to have a hard time staying focused.

I can't watch her fashion shows. She doesn't give out the kind of information  I want to hear.

She is too busy focusing on shopping for herself. I never hear anything about sizes, or fabrication, or washing instructions

Trusted Contributor

@Coopsmommy wrote:

👍🏼This is NOT a host bash, and couldn't agree more. We learned barely NOTHING about this product because of the rambling and frenzied actions of the host. I really wanted to find out about this item, (I could care less if it's a favorite of Kelly Rippa's, which was stated several times). Please, rein it in and present the product's features, tips, and instructions for use. Felt bad for the vendor. I think he was perplexed as well 😕 

⚓️
Super Contributor

This really isn't about a particular person/personality, I don't "know" Shawn..... but I don't find her presentation skills very sincere or professional anymore.

If anyone else is like me I have very limited time for gift shopping. Buying online makes it so much easier and convenient and I need the info to make a purchasing decision.

Honored Contributor

If I wanted the product based on what the vendor said and what I could see for myself, I would not let the salesperson's actions keep me from it.

By the same token -  I wouldn't even have seen those actions if I already knew the host in question was someone who "always" acts in a way I dislike.