Respected Contributor

Re: Why do you want to smell like a pumpkin?

I don't use lotions that smell like food items. Especially vanilla -- hate it.

Respected Contributor

I like pumpkin scented candles, but not on my body. I do like a little vanilla scent in some lotions, especially during the winter months.

Super Contributor

I don't want to smell like any foods - fruits or anything baking. I just don't get that either. I would never, ever buy something that was fruit scented or even cucumber, etc. Gross! I don't even like vanilla in something scented. Not in body products or candles, etc.

Honored Contributor

Because I'm waiting to turn into Cinderella.

Valued Contributor

No, I'm not going to explain it and why should I? You call out pumpkin lovers and say it's gross and so rudely ask for us to explain it to you? Clearly you are not going to understand.
Respected Contributor

I love pumpkin ( and I hate pumpkin pie go figure) fragrances. I have pumpkin philosophy shower gells, Pumpkin waffle shower gell, pampkin latte and marshmallow body spray , pumpkin spice body spray and love it. AND B&BW had a pumpkin lip gloss! Not to mntion pumpkin scones and pumpkin latte at starbucks{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Now I can not do it all year long and the scents not on a daily bases but on occasion.

Respected Contributor

On 9/3/2014 Cardamom said: No, I'm not going to explain it and why should I? You call out pumpkin lovers and say it's gross and so rudely ask for us to explain it to you? Clearly you are not going to understand.

I agree. Not everyone is going to like the same things. For example some love floral scents and I hate it, gives me migranes

Honored Contributor

Multiple studies have shown that the number one scent men are attracted to is pumpkin pie spice, which triggers arousal more than any other scent.

Yep.

Personally, I like it because it's a comforting scent. I've never lived in a place that had real winters or falls and always joke that the only way I know it's fall at all is because Starbucks is selling the pumpkin spice latte. It's reminds me of crisp air and cool weather, something I don't get very often here in central Texas. I love it.

And frankly, I don't really care what you do or do not want to smell like and don't understand why you're concerned with what I smell like. If you want to talk about
"understanding" something, let's start with why you're so concerned with what other people do?

Respected Contributor

Why? Why not?! To each their own.

Trusted Contributor

I also love a lot of the food scented body washes.

They don't linger on your skin, as many others have pointed out, but, they smell and feel so good, in the shower.

Scent is very individual. I personally have very little interest in wearing fragrance, and since I work in a Hospital, I can't wear it to work.

The Body Washes are a nice compromise - smell good when you're using them, but they wash away.