Esteemed Contributor

Re: Whoa!! I want the new BE Serum Foundation! Anybody with me?

On 2/21/2014 love BE said:

The models looks pretty in it and Lisa's face never matches the rest of her body. Not sure why she can't see that. Her face is always 3 shades lighter than her neck.

I thought the models' skin looked fine in the new product, but they could have used some blush!! I also thought that Lisa and Leslie did not look fine...their faces were way too light colored! I purchased the item because I am always looking for the next best thing for my face. Don't want a lot of coverage..hate anything sticky and thick!! Like light coverage with some brightness. Have tried, seems like millions of brands, but have never really been too happy! Hope this one works!!

Honored Contributor

I don't care what they call it or whether it's treasonous to the brand or any of that stuff. I think it looked very good on the models.

I don't have a problem with silicones and my current foundation is fragrance-free, but I'm still intrigued with how this looked. And without the brush, it's a heck of a lot less expensive than my current one.

Question: I wonder whether the brush is essential for application. I know they keep saying that you buff it on with the brush, but since it is not liquid, do you think you could just use your fingers?

If so, I would then wait until May.

Edited to correct my "but since it is not liquid" to "but since it is liquid"

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

On 2/22/2014 suzyQ3 said:

I don't care what they call it or whether it's treasonous to the brand or any of that stuff. I think it looked very good on the models.

I don't have a problem with silicones and my current foundation is fragrance-free, but I'm still intrigued with how this looked. And without the brush, it's a heck of a lot less expensive than my current one.

Question: I wonder whether the brush is essential for application. I know they keep saying that you buff it on with the brush, but since it is not liquid, do you think you could just use your fingers?

Yep, me too. I can have an issue with silicones so this grabbed me.

The brush was interesting. Not sure if you saw it but it was a regular brush with the middle cut out, sort of. I guess to create a well. She mentioned (during the very little bit of actual good information) that you only need a few drops of the product so I'm not sure a brush with a well is really necessary. I think a regular buffing type of brush or fingers would be just fine.

Honored Contributor

On 2/22/2014 BellaCarro said:

Yep, me too. I can have an issue with silicones so this grabbed me.

The brush was interesting. Not sure if you saw it but it was a regular brush with the middle cut out, sort of. I guess to create a well. She mentioned (during the very little bit of actual good information) that you only need a few drops of the product so I'm not sure a brush with a well is really necessary. I think a regular buffing type of brush or fingers would be just fine.

Yes, I saw the video that's been up on the item page regarding application, and then I watched the video of the presentation, too.

I wonder whether that brush is more a gimmick than anything else -- the well and also the need for buffing. I'm sort of weird when it comes to using brushes for "wet" stuff like foundation. I'm not even crazy about using my IT concealer brush with BBUE.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

Yes, I saw the video that's been up on the item page regarding application, and then I watched the video of the presentation, too.

I wonder whether that brush is more a gimmick than anything else -- the well and also the need for buffing. I'm sort of weird when it comes to using brushes for "wet" stuff like foundation. I'm not even crazy about using my IT concealer brush with BBUE.

It may very well be a gimmick.

I felt the same way about brushes for wet products until I recently tried a stippling brush for cream blush. The end result was a huge difference so now I am rethinking my stance.

Contributor

It is very obviously a liquid. It was just incredible they kept insisting it wasn't but then these are the same people that insisted the obviously a powder mineral foundation wasn't a powder. How stupid do they really think their customers are.....
Super Contributor

I understand what Leslie was saying about liquid foundations. The type that was available when BE started were heavy, masklike and filled with all sorts of ingredients that may clog pores, cause irritation, etc. So, her original remarks about never offering a liquid foundation made sense at the time.

Technology has changed now. This new liquid foundation appears to be free of all the ingredients Leslie hated before. So, it's not a "liquid foundation" like the old style ones. It's a mineral foundation delivered in a serum (liquid) form without the emulsifiers ordinary liquids have.

Honored Contributor

Maren, weren't you one of the people that was interested in going cruelty-free? Perhaps I have you confused with someone else but I thought you were in our discussions about cruelty free brands. If it wasn't you, I apologize but if it was you, I just wanted to tell you that BE is owned by Shiseido, a company that is still big on animal testing. I believe Prescriptives is owned by Estee Lauder which still tests as well. Just wanted to let you know in case you were trying to avoid companies that are not cruelty free. Smile

Honored Contributor

On 2/22/2014 azqfan said:

It is very obviously a liquid. It was just incredible they kept insisting it wasn't but then these are the same people that insisted the obviously a powder mineral foundation wasn't a powder. How stupid do they really think their customers are.....

I goofed in my post. I meant to say that "but since it is a liquid," not "but since it is not liquid."

Respected Contributor

I can not see myself buying expensive foundations. Drugstore brands work just as well