Honored Contributor

Re: Who is getting the Perricone TSV and have you used this before?

Too many skin care products available for me to buy those that smell fishy. I bought a discovery kit of his and returned it.
Super Contributor

I stopped using it a while ago because of the price. And because I've never seen it on any list of the best skin care products on the market. Just looked at a list this morning online of the top 10 and it wasn't on again. If the stuff was that good, it would show up on a list somewhere I would think.

Honored Contributor

DMAE is good for toning and tightening. I've seen a good effect from it around the eye area and the jawline. But I prefer not to use it all the time. Only when I want that particular effect for a specific reason. Doesn't make sense to me to fire off those chemicals all day and all night.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

I really like Cold Plasma but bought the last TSV with the Neuropeptide cream and moisturizer. Both work really well and don't seem to cause any irritation even layered on top of Retin A.

Because Dana refuses to give us info during her presentation about whether this TSV is a replacement for that I see no reason to buy. My skin can't tolerate layers and layers of active ingredients. If one is better for some reason, I wish they'd tell us.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Trusted Contributor

On 10/20/2014 NChgOfMyAttitude said:

I stopped using it a while ago because of the price. And because I've never seen it on any list of the best skin care products on the market. Just looked at a list this morning online of the top 10 and it wasn't on again. If the stuff was that good, it would show up on a list somewhere I would think.

I appreciate your point, however thousands and thousands (and thousands) of products are never included in those tests, so I never base my purchasing decisions on those "best" lists.
@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
Birman =^..^= Servant
Member since 04.2007

Honored Contributor

On 10/20/2014 SoftRaindrops said:
On 10/20/2014 HappyDaze said:
On 10/20/2014 SoftRaindrops said: Where are the good doc's peer reviewed studies on these products? Has he ever addressed the questionable ingredient DMAE? Dana stumbled when a caller asked her a question this morning and she never seems to share anything scientific about the products.

There are scientific, peer reviewed studies on DMAE. If you have access to scientific journals, you can read the studies done. Also, you can find some online but not sure if you can access the full study. I don't use Dr. P products so I cannot comment on their efficacy for my skin. Here are a few. I have not read them but if you truly are interested in knowing more about DMAE, they may be helpful.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15675889

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17300230

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12236885

Happy Daze, thank you for the links. I found it a very interesting read.

I was going by Paula B's reviews of his products but your links are giving me a completely different perspective. A lot to think about.....

I forgot to add this one too. If you look to the right side of the articles, there often are even more related studies.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20095140

I am glad they were of some interest to you. I wish skincare wasn't so complicated, lol! Smiley Happy

Contributor

On 10/20/2014 brandiwine said:
On 10/20/2014 Bindi said:
On 10/20/2014 brandiwine said:
On 10/20/2014 Matty6 said:

{#emotions_dlg.laugh} I am 53 and I would never a fall for this .. nothing but, plastic surgery will get rid of wrinkles. I am lucky to have good genes on both sides of the family. But, even if I did not I would never buy these expensive creams that will do nothing to get rid of wrinkles. And I have better things to spend my money on then that. It has been on the news several times that these creams expensive or not will not diminish wrinkles or fine lines or crows feet. Sorry, It is what it is.

ITA: This is nothing more than very expensive snake oil. I'm 60 and use products that keep my skin hydrated. I know there is no "magic" cream or device that will erase time. I'm comfortable in my own skin. Instead of wasting money on this, I can do lots of really great things. I prefer memories over skin care any day.

I just wanted to say, that possibly neither of you ladies have ever had facial dermatitis? I can guarantee you that once you have it, and fight it for 2.5 years, as I have...you would be thrilled to find the right products that help to clear it up! I have also been seeing a Dermatologist during these last 2.5 years, and nothing he prescribed, including the strong antibiotics, ever made any difference with my dermatitis.

I also have never expected any topical skin products to give the same results as surgery might, but I do know...beyond a shadow of a doubt, there are some very good products (and I consider Perricone as one) that can help make your skin the best it can be, and this is what I expect products, that I purchase and use, to doSmiley Happy

I'm still trying to figure out how "memories" have anything to do with skin products...lol Don't have an answer for that oneSmiley Happy

Happy to enlighten you as to what memories have to do with wasting $200 on over-priced skin care. I can use that money for family time. Maybe the zoo, a hay ride to the pumpkin patch, a visit to the local north pole. For me, it's more important for my grandkids to remember the fun things we did together than grandma's skin. You are using these products for a specific skin condition and they are helping you. I think that's wonderful. Hopefully, they continue to give you relief.

Oh, okay, gotchaSmiley Happy That's certainly your choice, as it's my choice to enlighten others as to what Perricone has done for meSmiley Happy To me it's a wise investment, not claiming it would be for everyone out there, though.

I am blessed with some awesome grandchildren, and I'm sure they do not care what their Nana's skin looks like, but I have to say, there were times when I wondered if they would ask "what was wrong with Nana's skin"! Again, I think you have to experience having had dermatitis to really understand where I am coming from.

None of my skins products have ever detracted from what I do, or how I spend time with any of my grandchildren, I am happy to saySmiley Happy Enjoy them so much, and they grow up way too quickly (on that I know we can totally agree, brandiwineSmiley Happy Love your niche!

Trusted Contributor

On 10/20/2014 gardensla said:

I really like Cold Plasma but bought the last TSV with the Neuropeptide cream and moisturizer. Both work really well and don't seem to cause any irritation even layered on top of Retin A.

Because Dana refuses to give us info during her presentation about whether this TSV is a replacement for that I see no reason to buy. My skin can't tolerate layers and layers of active ingredients. If one is better for some reason, I wish they'd tell us.

gardensla - the Blue Plasma Face and Orbital are exfoliators and to be used in the PM after cleansing. Those two products replace nothing in the Perricone line. In my case, the Blue Plasma Face replaced the Dr. Gross peel pads I'd used for many years and the Blue Plasma Eye replaced Isomers Exfoliate Eye Peel.
@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
Birman =^..^= Servant
Member since 04.2007

Esteemed Contributor

On 10/20/2014 lyn in MI said:

gardensla - the Blue Plasma Face and Orbital are exfoliators and to be used in the PM after cleansing. Those two products replace nothing in the Perricone line. In my case, the Blue Plasma Face replaced the Dr. Gross peel pads I'd used for many years and the Blue Plasma Eye replaced Isomers Exfoliate Eye Peel.

Yes, I knew that part; I was referring to Cold Plasma vs. Neuropeptide cream.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Trusted Contributor

On 10/20/2014 lyn in MI said:

Yes, I knew that part; I was referring to Cold Plasma vs. Neuropeptide cream.

OOPS! I assumed you were referring to the two Blue Plasma products in the TSV you don't use, sorry about that.
@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
Birman =^..^= Servant
Member since 04.2007