Trusted Contributor

Which face serum do you recommend?

I was looking at the new Cereve Healthy Skin face serum, Paula’s Choice Vit.C, Vichy,and ROC. Normally I like La Roche-Posay but when I bought the B5 serum I didn’t like the way my skin felt. Maybe because it was addressing “firming”? I don’t like retinol products and just want something to keep my skin bright and perhaps but not necessary firming for my slight jowls. Any recommendations is greatly appreciated. Thanks
Honored Contributor

Re: Which face serum do you recommend?

Get this from the ShopLC website.  

IMG_3210.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

What's your price range?  I love Ole Henriksen's Truth Vitamin C Serum. I've used it for years as my go-to complexion brightening and dark spot corrector.  It's $56 for one ounce, but Ole's website has coupons and sales and the product is sold by many retailers such as beauty stores like Sephora, Ulta, Dermstore.com, department stores that sell prestige beauty products, and more.  I discovered Ole when he used to visit QVC, but that was a long time ago now. 

For a lesser price option try Mad Hippie Vitamin C Serum. It's $34 for one ounce. The brand is sold elsewhere, but I know Mad Hippie is a coupon-eligible brand at Ulta using any of their coupons, not just the ones that include prestige brands.   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

Get this from the ShopLC website.  

IMG_3210.jpeg

I've been using that one for several months now. I love it so much. Got six bottles of it in my stash. 

Today only ShopLC has free shipping! Get more than one bottle!

It's a 2-ounce bottle and has a shelf life of 2 years.

Trusted Contributor

I don’t have dark spots, I fact I have great skin and want to maintain it. I just gave my sister Génifique because I didn’t like the smell of the alcohol in it.
Honored Contributor

There are basically six types of serums and also combinations of these kinds of serums. This chart gives info about what ingredient(s) to look for according to the skin concern you might have.

Types_of_Face_Serums1.png

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee-thanks, awesome chart. I would choose anti-ageing and exfoliating. So I guess we narrowed down. I don’t believe in paying outrageous prices ex. 60 dollars or more nor am I crazy about Olay, L’Oréal, and companies on that level. But I do admire cereve and French drugstore brands like the ones mentioned that I feel are reasonably priced. Now for some recommendations.
Honored Contributor

@Allthingsgirly67 

This is a highly-rated serum. I used it years ago but had to stop b/c I now use Retin-A. This one has been around for decades and has thousands of top-ratings that go back that long. I recommend it. Not expensive, around $19 for 2-ounce bottle.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee   I just ran out of Dr Denese Hydroshield..my husband started using it as well!!

If you have tried the Dr Denese product do you think the Alpha product 'feels' the same?  I like Hydroshield, my skin is dry and it seems to help the dryness.

thanks

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@SilleeMee   I just ran out of Dr Denese Hydroshield..my husband started using it as well!!

If you have tried the Dr Denese product do you think the Alpha product 'feels' the same?  I like Hydroshield, my skin is dry and it seems to help the dryness.

thanks

@Mom2Dogs 

I have not tried Hydroshield. But from checking out the ingredients, that one seems to be mainly for hydration and not for exfoliation.