Super Contributor

Which WEN CC is most moisturizing - can't use FIG because of gluten issues

Right now I use the seasonals and some Six Thirteen - I used to use the Fig though it wasn't my favorite scent was very moisturizing for me - I can not longer use Fig because of the wheat germ/gluten issues Smiley Sad

Any other WEN products that are in the similar league as Fig for moisturizing...?

Frequent Contributor

Re: Which WEN CC is most moisturizing - can't use FIG because of gluten issues

I have the opposite problem in that I have issues with soy causing a dermatitis of sorts. FIG is my absolute go to CC because of the moisture. I still like to play around with the seasonals on the lengths of my hair and have tried them all. I feel that the Winter Cranberry Mint , Spring Orange Blossom and Fall Apple Spice have been the most moisturizing. Since they are not readily available I might suggest the Wen Kids Strawberry Banana which is rice based. I get very similar results as I do with Fig but with a bit more 'body'.

Respected Contributor

My recommendation would be POM. It is gluten free and is soy-based like the seasonals. The kids are rice based and many of us have felt them didn't offer the moisture. I have no dryness issues with POM.

Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Honored Contributor

POM isn't anywhere near as moisturizing as Fig is though. I'd just stick with the seasonals since you don't have issues with the amino's and can't use the wheat based CCs.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Super Contributor

I have used the Pom and its nice, but it isn't as moisturizing at the Fig - I was using some of the seasonals and the Six Thirteen. I guess I will have to do the Remoist more often..and grab a hold of the WEN oil

Valued Contributor

I have the same issue....I need lots of moisture but have gluten issues. I use BGT and the seasonals and pom. I sometimes do remoist just on my ends even if I'm not doing a treatment. And I use the seasonal oils and tea tree oil too.

Super Contributor

On 5/18/2014 Thia Winter said:

I have the same issue....I need lots of moisture but have gluten issues. I use BGT and the seasonals and pom. I sometimes do remoist just on my ends even if I'm not doing a treatment. And I use the seasonal oils and tea tree oil too.

Great suggestions Thia - I think I will do the same - got to get the WEN oils - they don't have gluten or wheat germ in them right?

The RM on the ends sounds like a great idea Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

On 5/19/2014 SiameezeLover! said:
On 5/18/2014 Thia Winter said:

Great suggestions Thia - I think I will do the same - got to get the WEN oils - they don't have gluten or wheat germ in them right?

The RM on the ends sounds like a great idea Smiley Happy

I don't believe so....I don't react to them at all, and I'm pretty sensitive. Glad I could help!