Super Contributor

Where is my thread?

[ Edited ]

I posted a long thread about my first derma rolling experience, but don’t see it anywhere,

Ive looked under my Account, my posts, etc.

Its simply vanished.

Are our posts put through an instant algorithm, which might “catch” a word and not allow the post to go through?

I can’t think what I could have posted ...

though I DID mention a brand name of my roller....FREYA.

I SO don’t want to retype that entire post!

I had even edited it with no issues..

*******looked in my History and brought up my post.

it said it was “marked as SPAM”.

why!? I just typed FREYA in this post, too, with no issues.

How can I get a Moderator to view that post and post it?

It was a long, time consuming post to type out.......all over again.

Valued Contributor

@JumpTheRope  Caution: If you challenge a moderator's decision or even ask Why? your post was deleted then you risk being 'banned' from the Forums for days.  I learned this recently.  There are many positive aspects to sharing information in thses Forums, and a few daunting ones as well.

Honored Contributor

Re: Where is my thread?

[ Edited ]

@JumpTheRope,   On a rare occasion the website software picks up on something in a post flagging a potential problem requiring review by the moderator, so it sets it aside in reserve marked as possible “SPAM” — and it sounds like that's what happened with yours.    

You won’t be able to release it for posting (since the system will continue to see the “SPAM” flag), but the moderators can.

It's within standards to discuss brands and sources as long as we don't post active (clickable) hyperlinks to retail sites selling products or websites financially benefiting from visits (such as the growing number of "Amazon affiliate" sites posing as review or info sites), so it doesn't sound as if that was the problem in your case.   

Since you can access the post in your profile posting history to read it, see if you're able to use the "Report Inappropriate" option in the lower left corner or in 3-dot option menu in the upper right corner -- if you can, it will generate a dialog box.   You can type your question/request, submit it, and it should then go to the QVC Social Team's attention.   

Alternatively, you can send an email message to "QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com" and ask them to look at your account.

I hope that's helpful!   It can be exasperating to type up a long message and then discover that it's vanished into cyberspace.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

If you don't actually see Success! after you post, the post did not go through.  The software picked up on something that needs to be fixed.  There are some words that aren't allowed.  Also, there's a thread I often post in and would type it up in Word before posting, and when I would copy/paste to post the software would pick up that there was html code in it that it would remove, so I would have to hit Enter again to accept the changes the software made. I have since changed over to TextEdit instead of Word and that causes no problem for me.

Super Contributor

thanks to all!

I was able to bring it up in my History only 1 time, then it disappeared.

I find it creepy how a post in MY HISTORY, within MY BROWSER, can be deleted by QVC.

IOWs, there’s No Proof I ever made that post now.

Of course, if I knew that could happen, maybe I could save it somehow...

but Im no techy type! lol

I did send a message to the Mod., let’s see what happens!

Honored Contributor

Re: Where is my thread?

[ Edited ]

@JumpTheRope wrote:

thanks to all!

I was able to bring it up in my History only 1 time, then it disappeared.

I find it creepy how a post in MY HISTORY, within MY BROWSER, can be deleted by QVC.

IOWs, there’s No Proof I ever made that post now.

Of course, if I knew that could happen, maybe I could save it somehow...

but Im no techy type! lol

I did send a message to the Mod., let’s see what happens!

You're welcome, @JumpTheRope!   I was remiss...  I failed to welcome you to the forums...  so, welcome!😊    I think this was the first time I saw your posts.    

I hope the moderators can help you with this.    I've seen so many technical problems on the site that I long ago learned to write posts of any substantial length somewhere else (as an email draft, or in a notes or scratch pad area on my device) and then copy and paste here.   Or if I compose it here, I copy and paste it elsewhere before clicking/tapping the "post" button.   Takes just an extra minute, but I've been glad many times that I had that backup copy.   Best of luck to you, and I look forward to seeing you again!🌻

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

Board police

Honored Contributor

BTW, @JumpTheRope, if the moderators remove your post, the title doesn't go away.  It'll say "Moved" in front of the title and the latest poster's name will be a QVCName.  If you scroll down this page you'll see one of those, something about Laura Geller I think.  If you click on the post it'll usually give a general reason why it has been "moved" aka removed.