Valued Contributor

Re: Where did this crepy arm skin come from?

Thanks!!

Valued Contributor

Ha! Mine arrived around age 60. Welcome to the club! That lotion that Sillimee recommended really helps! I just wear what I like and have learned not to obsess about it too much. That and my stomach that my grands refer to as their pillow, lol!💜

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee Just wanted to say thanks for the tip about the Alpha Renewal Body Lotion with 12% glycolic.....after just 5 days the crepey skin on my inner arms looks 75% better!  I just went to Amazon and ordered two more bottles....got a $7 discount for buying 2.  Around $15 a bottle!

Many kind and helpful posters here....you are certainly one of them, @SilleeMee !

Honored Contributor

You're welcome. Woman Happy @alicedee 

I'm so happy that you found Alpha works for you! YAY!

Trusted Contributor

@Leggett28 wrote:

I’ve been using L’oreal Revilalift 10% pure glycolic acid serum. I haven’t been using it that long but when I put it on my arms I see a big difference. I think it’s something if used everyday you would see a difference. I used it on my face one night and it was too strong. So now I just use on my upper arms.

Great idea!!!

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

You're welcome Woman Happy @alicedee 

I hope the Alpha lotion helps you. 

@SilleeMee   I would like to try this, too.  I remembered that I have a prescription for Ammonium Lactate Cream 12%.  Is this the same thing?  I got it from the derm, but really never committed to using it on a regular basis.

If you know, could you please let me know?  TIA Woman Happy

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

You're welcome Woman Happy @alicedee 

I hope the Alpha lotion helps you. 

@SilleeMee   I would like to try this, too.  I remembered that I have a prescription for Ammonium Lactate Cream 12%.  Is this the same thing?  I got it from the derm, but really never committed to using it on a regular basis.

If you know, could you please let me know?  TIA Woman Happy

@tends2dogs ,

LA and GA are both AHAs meaning they both can exfoliate. However, 12% LA is not as strong as the other. In other words, LA is gentler. Another major difference is their molecular size. GA is the smallest of all the skin care acids, including BHAs, and what that means is GA can penetrate the skin deeper which lends to it's stronger effects than LA. Since GA can penetrate deeper, it has been shown to stimulate collagen formation which is unique to GA and no other AHA. 

GA is a two-sided sword. It can exfoliate while, at the same time, it can stimulate collagen. LA is mainly a gentler exfoliant and maybe preferred for those with sensitive skin.

HTHWoman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

It helps very much, @SilleeMee .  I am going to order the glycolic acid lotion.  Do you get yours from Amazon?  It looks like they have a good price for it, but some bad reviews about receiving damaged bottles.

Thanks so much, @SilleeMee .

On another topic, I saw your rec for Maybelline Age Rewind.  I use this everyday because of a rec from you a LONG time ago.  I turned my sister on to it, too.  She wears very little make up, but she said this was a game changer for giving her a boost in confidence about her looks.  It is my desert island makeup item.  I never leave home without it. Woman Wink TA

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

You're welcome.Woman Happy @tends2dogs  

I think if you are going to buy just one or two bottles of the Alpha lotion then Amazon is probably the best place to get it. What I like to do is buy a year's worth directly from the Alpha website when they have a sale on it. Those sales usually are something like 15 to 20% off their regular price of $16.99 w/free shipping for orders $25+. Sign up on their email list at NeotericCosmetics dot com and they will email you when they have sales. Sales come around about three or four times yearly. The last one was a BOGO 1/2-off. That's usually when I stock up.

Glad you and your sister are liking the Rewind! It's my favorite, too.Woman Happy