Regular Contributor

Someone gave me the apple spice and it smells like a candle. Maybe I'm just sensitive. I like tea smell, but I don't like food smells, mint or menthol. I like fruit but once it's spiced or minted, no can do. What would you advise? Thank you.

Honored Contributor

The kids apple is the lightest scent of all the cleansing conditioners IMO. It's menthol free too. It's nothing like the apple spice. It's just a pure fresh apple smell.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor
On 2/17/2014 jaxs mom said:

The kids apple is the lightest scent of all the cleansing conditioners IMO. It's menthol free too. It's nothing like the apple spice. It's just a pure fresh apple smell.

I think this a good suggestion.

The Fall Apple Spice has the strongest scent of all the WEN formulas I've tried and lingers the longest. It was a fail for me. All of the core WEN formulas have menthol, some stronger than others. I can't smell it in the Sweet Almond Mint, but that's definitely minty and you don't want that. The fig has a pretty strong smell, but it covers the menthol. The Pomegranate has a lighter scent, but I can pick up the menthol pretty strongly in that.

The Winter Cranberry Mint is heavier than the Pomegranate, but I don't pick up the menthol or the mint in that one.

Frequent Contributor
On 2/17/2014 jaxs mom said:

Yes, I agree, kids apple has a very light scent. It also seems to rinse very easily.

Respected Contributor

If you like fruit, try Strawberry Banana. None of the kids' formulas are menthol. Depending upon your need for moisturizing qualities, I recommend the kids' formulas in this order.

1. Strawberry Banana - Most Moisturizing.

2. Watermelon

3. Apple

Super Contributor
You might really like Bamboo Green Tea (BGT), which is very green, fresh and just a little floral. No mint, no spice, and although there is menthol, you cannot smell it. It's fantastic.
Respected Contributor
I would suggest the Wen kids apple or watermelon. The bamboo green tea is also a great suggestion.
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Honored Contributor

lol, you sound like me! Yes, the apple spice was one of the strongest (not in a good way) scented of them all, yikes!

Too bad you weren't able to try the summer mango coconut because that, to me and my husband, was one of the least menthol smelling and NO spices or mint! She spring gardenia green tea might have worked too but that isn't around anymore either.

Out of the ones currently available, I'd say the bamboo green tea one may work for you scent-wise anyway. I personally feel the kids ones (watermelon, strawberry banana and apple) are all really sickening sweet but if you don't mind really sweet, candy-like scents, you might like those. The apple is the least strong but it still smells like an apple Jolly Rancher to me (which I don't like).

Trusted Contributor

Bamboo Green Tea all the way, I think you'll love both the scent and performance! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor
Keep in mind that many do not find any of the kids scents or BGT very moisturing. If you can stand fruit but not spice maybe try POM, if you need more moisture.
Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012