Frequent Contributor
Hi everyone! Just trying to figure out if my method is correct. How long do you scrub your scalp when you've got Wen in your hair? Also, do you scrub your scalp in the second cleanse? After you apply Wen to the length of your hair, do you rub it in or just smooth/comb through?
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
I massage my scalp really well during both cleanses. I also focus most of the cleansing conditioner on my scalp. It doesn't get my hair as clean if I dont. I am also sure to rinse well both times. I also wanted to add that I add a splash of water to the cleansing conditioner after I massage it in, then massage more to get a good froth going. I comb it through each time.
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Respected Contributor
I also massage on both cleanses with splashes of water. I also press it into my hair and gently twist the length. Then I comb it through once with both sides of the WEN comb. Then Rinse rinse rinse.
Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Honored Contributor

Here's mine: Ist cleanse I scrub and count to 60 on both top and bottom; 2nd cleanse I repeat. I put my pumps on, then rake it through with my fingers, then scrub. I never used to use it as a leave in until a few months ago, but now I do. After my "cool" rinse - which has been really fun this winter! - I leave my hair soaking wet, take a pea sized amount, and twist it in the bottom, then rake it through the top with the tips of my fingers. Smile

Respected Contributor
I focus the 1st cleanse on my scalp. I make sure that once I work it through all my hair and add water that I go over my entire scalp. I kind of just run my fingers through the length of my hair and rinse. The 2nd cleanse, I am more balanced and cleanse my scalp again, but spend less time cleansing and more time conditioning. Once the cc is through my hair and frothed to distribute it, I run my comb through it and twist it into a ponytail shape so it is out of my way. I really rinse after the 2nd cleanse and use my comb to get the water through all of it.
Contributor
I only do 1 cleanse and give my scalp a good minute or so of scrubbing. I then pile it onto the top of my head with a large claw clip and finish what I'm doing and then rinse for at least a songs worth (I listen to music in the shower). I then use styling creme, the smoothing gloss and the mousse with a diffuser.