Super Contributor

Re: What makes are person look older?

I am 51 and have shoulder blade length grey/blonde hair but the grey parts look a striking white/silver - remember Donohue? hehe that will show your age right there - I am a little overweight and try to dress nice - no boobs hanging out or short shorts

I am happy with what I am and don't pretend to be younger - it just looks foolish - there was this woman walking in the mall, very tall, models figure - fantastic legs wearing a really short skirt and she had beautiful hair but when she turned around it was frightening - she was trying WAY to hard to look young. Some women look kinda sad like Nora Desmond - this is my fear - to someday look sad and pathetic -

Super Contributor

nice post, CaneCorso. love that Nora Desmond, but I don't have a 'Max' to carry me thru everything (small dog, but no monkey). I understand the long lean well dressed look until 'one' turns around,,it can be shocking. I've missed wearing heels since I was two yrs old (joke) but they made me feel better. you try and live with all the things that go awry and trudge (wrong word) on.

Honored Contributor

It's mostly hereditary .....

You need to choose your parents VERY CAREFULLY .....

Esteemed Contributor

On 11/11/2014 Tinkrbl44 said:

It's mostly hereditary .....

You need to choose your parents VERY CAREFULLY .....

I agree! The way your skin ages is very hereditary.

Esteemed Contributor

Today, it's looking at an old picture and then seeing a mirror. Accck!

Frequent Contributor

On 11/11/2014 CaneCorsoMom said:

I am 51 and have shoulder blade length grey/blonde hair but the grey parts look a striking white/silver - remember Donohue? hehe that will show your age right there - I am a little overweight and try to dress nice - no boobs hanging out or short shorts

I am happy with what I am and don't pretend to be younger - it just looks foolish - there was this woman walking in the mall, very tall, models figure - fantastic legs wearing a really short skirt and she had beautiful hair but when she turned around it was frightening - she was trying WAY to hard to look young. Some women look kinda sad like Nora Desmond - this is my fear - to someday look sad and pathetic -

You sound very put together. I pay to get platinum silver highlights in my naturally blonde hair. Eventually they will be free!
Super Contributor

about ears and noses?! I'm sure there is surgery for both. but what does one do without going under the knife? Ears - hide with hair. I remember when being a kid, I'd notice my
BaBa's long ears and thought it was from the earrings. WRONG. always have worn extremely light earrings, and now I'm a blonde Dumbo. That's one thing that shows age, I think. (hair hasn't covered my nose yet,,,not counting the inside hair) ewww

Super Contributor

On 11/11/2014 maddiecat said:

I have two very good friends who are 54 and 55 who age themselves by sticking to their OLD gold-rimmed granny glasses. Every time I'm around them I am mentally putting more modern frames on their faces!

One thing I've noticed that I feel instantly ages a woman is wearing too much bling/embellishment, especially with clothes and accessories. A few sequins in the evening is fine, but not for a daytime look!

You don't think your friends have a free choice to wear what they like regardless of how it makes them look? Perhaps they aren't obsessed about their age? Actually, 54/55 is quite young. A lot younger than I am.

You probably wouldn't like the sweater I'm wearing right now. The ribbing at the cuffs (about 6") is encrusted with multicolor crystals! It's soooo ME! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Frequent Contributor

Christmas sweaters!

Honored Contributor

shirt tucked into elastic waist pants

♥Surface of the Sun♥