Super Contributor

Re: What did you use up? 9/9

[ Edited ]

Hi all,  I'm new to this thread, but I actually did use up a few items this week so I figured it's my sign to participate!

Cerave Hydrating Face Cleanser - I like this for a gentle am cleanse.  Will repurchase.

Fenty Pro Filt'r Matte Foundation in 265 warm olive - a perfect match for me, this bottle lasted 3 months with 5 day/week use.  Reordered from Sephora.

The Ordinary Argireline Solution - love this for combating my 11's and any crows feet.  (I adore everything I'm using from The Ordinary).  Reordered from Sephora.

The Inkey List Oat Cleansing Balm - this is a star makeup melter.  I use it as my first cleanse.  Reordered from Sephora.

Dove Body Wash Deep Moisture Cleanser - I like having a very moisturizing body wash around, in case I want to be lazy and skip lotion/cream after shower.  Will repurchase with my groceries next week.

I enjoy reading about everyone's like/dislikes.  Have a lovely day/weekend Cat Happy

~~Keep calm and hug your pets~~
Honored Contributor

@Catlady Nicole wrote:

Hi all,  I'm new to this thread, but I actually did use up a few items this week so I figured it's my sign to participate!

Cerave Hydrating Face Cleanser - I like this for a gentle am cleanse.  Will repurchase.

Fenty Pro Filt'r Matte Foundation in 265 warm olive - a perfect match for me, this bottle lasted 3 months with 5 day/week use.  Reordered from Sephora.

The Ordinary Argireline Solution - love this for combating my 11's and any crows feet.  (I adore everything I'm using from The Ordinary).  Reordered from Sephora.

The Inkey List Oat Cleansing Balm - this is a star makeup melter.  I use it as my first cleanse.  Reordered from Sephora.

Dove Body Wash Deep Moisture Cleanser - I like having a very moisturizing body wash around, in case I want to be lazy and skip lotion/cream after shower.  Will repurchase with my groceries next week.

I enjoy reading about everyone's like/dislikes.  Have a lovely day/weekend Cat Happy

@Catlady Nicole - Welcome!  Always like to see someone new posting and read what products they've used up and if they like them or not.

Honored Contributor

@Catlady Nicole wrote:

Welcome, @Catlady Nicole   

I often mix a little Ordinary Argireline in with whatever other main serum I'm using...kind of as a booster, if you will.  I have been using the Perlier HA serum, but then tried TO's, thinking it would be more budget friendly.  It's not horrible, but it is different.  TO's is a little thicker than Perlier.  I have to say, I like Perlier's better.  But who knows?  Once I'm on SS, I'll probably have to make some changes in the skincare department. 

Trusted Contributor

@Catlady Nicole Welcome!! Look forward to you posting each week!

"Dogs heal hearts they never broke"
RIP Lexi aka "Momma" 1/15/24
Trusted Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

I don't ever wait until I use up an item, but purchase or order replacements a few weeks in advance.

BB had 20% off a few weeks ago and I stocked up on Foundation Sticks, concealer and corrector, Skin Weightless Foundation, Gel Liner in Black (tightlining only), Espresso and Scotch.

I also purchased (underlined?) Laura Mercier's new Blurring Powder since mine was nearing the end.

Of course, this is my personal "stash" and not the constant replacing of shades and items professionally.

***How do I eliminate the underline? Just figured out BOLD, but then got stuck. HELP!

I think you wrote that you work two days a week. It must be very expensive to constantly replace make-up!

“The fear of becoming old is born of the recognition that one is not living now the life that one wishes. It is equivalent to a sense of abusing the present.” Susan Sontag
Respected Contributor

@Catlady Nicole  Welcome! This is a lovely and fun group! It has also helped me pare down a stash that once was a closetfull. I am down to a large shoebox of on hand extras!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Respected Contributor

Happy weekend beauties! 

I used up a few things this week: Nuvel brand coconut scented hand soap 15oz from dollar tree in the master bathroom, replaced it with a fresh berries scent. I don't like spending a lot on plain hand soap.

2 bars of Suave soap, one from the master shower and one from the boys shower Replaced the kids' with another Suave and ours with a Yardley of London I believe mandarin and ginger scent.

Bad Gal Bang! mascara deluxe sample size- I don't remember where I got this but I really liked it. I replaced it with my Essence Lash Princess in the waterproof formula which is really good too and a fraction of the cost, but I'd buy the Benefit one too if the price was right. 

Tossed a couple of things too: Tarte setting spray 7ml sample size- this was a freebie from somewhere, I never use setting sprays and I got tired of this just hanging around.

Pacifica Stellar Gaze mascara- Tried to use it a few times but it did nothing for my lashes at all. 

NYX eyeliner in moss- I didn't like this color from the time I first bought and tried it, but it wasn't worth returning. I've had it probably a couple of years now and used it once or twice, totally forgot I even had it. Tried it again the other day, still didn't like it, so out it went.

That's it for me this week, have a great weekend everyone!

Trusted Contributor

Re: What did you use up this week? 9/9

Hi Beauties

I used up a Batiste Dry Shampoo and (not sure this counts as beauty but indulge me folks, I love when I use it up) Glide Dental Floss.  LOL.  There's just something about using the whole thing-- it didn't get lost, go to waste and I flossed my teeth!  LOL

Honored Contributor

@justashopper - dental items, to me, are beauty items!  Understand about dental floss sometimes I feel like they are everywhere and then poof, somehow I can't find a single one AND I live by myself!  So it's not like someone else is using it up.  HAHA

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Totally agree @JudyL probably even more important than make-up!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield