Respected Contributor

Re: What did you use up this week? 9/23

@wagirl wrote:

I didn't use anything up ---but tossed out much makeup --lipliners, mascara, blushes, setting powders, eye shadows---most hardly touched but I have had them for many years-----feels good too---not planning on replacing with new. Now need to attack the 50 or so asst brushes---good grief--where did they come from???

Funny you mention your brushes stash...the other day I was doing a rough count (estimation) of mine...probably have 25-30 brushes...all brands I've aquired over the years with various makeup collections (only ever actually purchased just brushes like 30 years ago, lol...still have those too...clean, hardly used, but too good to throw out.) I do use many of them and they are all still going strong. I figure, in this lifetime...I'm set for brushes!! 😄

Respected Contributor

@scatcat I'd give it to you! Where are you? Mailing probably wouldn't be worth it these days it's so expensive.

I use other things to cover my dark lids..I think Well-rested just bothers my eyes too. Maybe because the oither one had gone bad.

Honored Contributor

Happy Friday, Beauties! 

It's a chilly morning. Autumn didn't waste any time showing up.  That's OK, I enjoy sweater weather so I put on a Barefoot Dreams pullover on. Not something I normally wear around the house, but it feels cozy.  It smells so good in here right now too.  I made some keto pumpkin bars with keto cream cheese frosting and ran them to my friend's house.  She and her husband were so extremely helpful last weekend.  We gifted them a couple nights at a nice B&B, as a thank you, but the pumpkin bars are just a little extra because I know they like them.

Tomorrow DH and I are attending a southern gospel concert that we've been looking forward to for many months.  It'll be nice to see our friends again.  

I used up a few staples this week....

Skinn Age Reset Serum - opened next A/D shipment

Skinn Age Reset Eye Serum - opened next A/D shipment

Perlier Royal Elixir Pearls of Youth  Serum - opened next A/D shipment

Tweak’d Tamed Finishing Hairspray - opened one from the stash

My Tweak'd Styling Cream has a couple pumps left and then I'll move to the new one with the pumpkin spice scent. 

Have a nice weekend everyone! 🌻🍁🎃🍂

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good morning ladies

Used up

Bobbi Brown Corrector in Bisque. This is good. I may try Pixi's Corrector but I don't have high hopes it will be a good dupe.

Garnier Leave in Spray  Maybe Beach something? It was under DD's sink so I used up the last 2" for the sheer pleasure of the accomplishment of emptying a bottle.  Moved on to Aveda Thicking Tonic.

@amyb 

Thanks for the shout out - try selling it on eBay since it's unopened

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch your idea for pumpkin bars has me making a grocery list for baking! Yum!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Respected Contributor

Happy weekend beauties! 

I used up: Innisfree daily UV defense sunscreen SPF 36 10ml from Sephora sun safety kit. This was actually pretty nice and I would consider buying it full size. 

Avalon Organics Intense Defense Vit C cleansing milk 8.5oz- I have used this for years as it's one of the few cleansers that doesn't make my face feel dry and I think they discontinued it, I can't find it anywhere. This was my last backup. I am using a cleanser from Aldi that I also like and I have a generic Walmart cleanser to try. So bummed when they discontinue favorite products.

BBW Bright Lemon Snowdrop body spray 8oz- this was ok for summer but I don't think I'd repurchase it, not a favorite.

That's all for me, have a great weekend. It's supposed to be cold and rainy here, yuck. 

Respected Contributor

@amyb - I use the Aveeno Positively Radiant daily SPF 30 and really like it. It absorbs well and leaves my skin feeling soft. I had stopped using it for a while and have recently come back to it. I forgot how much I liked it. 

Respected Contributor

@rnmom wrote:

@amyb - I use the Aveeno Positively Radiant daily SPF 30 and really like it. It absorbs well and leaves my skin feeling soft. I had stopped using it for a while and have recently come back to it. I forgot how much I liked it. 

Oh good to know. That's the one I saw recently on YouTube recommended by one of the "makeup" influencers...Amazon was out and so was my CVS at that time...going to CVS today going to see if they have it. I just finally want something lightweight and everyday, rather than always using my heavy beach sunscreen under my daily makeup.

Honored Contributor

@scatcat ---that's what I use well rested for too--love that and the bisque as base for my discolored lids and the purple in the corners of my eyes.

Respected Contributor

Hi Beauties,

I discarded 2 makeup sponges.

A can of Batiste rose gold dry shampoo. Like this stuff and will buy again when I get low on my stash. 

Neosporin tube.

Refilled my 8oz  purity with my supersize bottle...and yes I did get the Purity TSV on auto delivery. LOL

I hope everyone enjoys their weekend.