Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: What did you use up this week 7/5

@kathie66 

I have never ever run out of so much at one time. All skin care. Glow recipe watermelon toner, Dr C vegan kombucha milky essence Kiehls milky essence with lactic acid,  Peter Thomas Roth eye cream, Tatcha Dewey night cream.  Already had backups for the glow recipe product and Kiehls essence.

Honored Contributor

I knew there was something else. Naturim retinol complex

Honored Contributor

I promise this is the last thing I used up this week. One of two travel size bottles of Killian's "I don't need a prince by my side to be a princess" perfume. Original/ Black Label. I also have the full size bottle of the same perfume in "eau fraiche".  Lighter and more wearable, I like this one better.  

Honored Contributor

@kathie66  I used up a few Bobbi Brown Crushed Lipsticks that were my favorites...like just a hint of color and a lot of moisture. Of course, discontinued. Still not sure why BB has gone so far downhill, but after one concealer and an unopened corrector, I'm effectively finished w/ Bobbi Brown and have replaced all my products with others and officially moved on.

Respected Contributor

Hi everyone ...  another Friday.  I'm working today,  but all of my accounts are off.  Not sure why my company didn't choose this as one of the vacation days on the schedule.  Oh well...  WFH,  which is really nice.

Used up...

Naturium Vit C Complex Serum (no back up-not sure how stable the serum is and wasn't sure it was doing anything).

Beekman bar soap in Fresh Air (making my way through all my back ups).

Tweak'd HUGE 33.8oz Shampoo (liked - started a new one in a different scent - never go through the conditioner as fast)

Threw out...  

BB Uber Rose lipstick - the texure felt different going on and was 3/4 used up (have 2 back ups but like @Shanus,  moving on from this line - although I do have back ups of several other things from BB that I'll definitely use)

Esteemed Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

Trader Joe's Brazil Nut Body Butter - Replaced with Nutrius.  I just go back and forth between the two. although I only picked up one Brazil Nut butter yesterday.  It's seasonal and I was actually surprised they still had any.  Last year I got two and between those and the 2 Nutrius, I Just finished up. 

I wouldn't say there's anything special about either one, but as far as I'm concerned they're as good as any others I've tried.  I used to be a big fan of The Body Shop's Nut Body Butter, mostly for the fragrance, but they discontinued it. 

Tretinoin - Replaced with same.

Perricone MD High Potency Classics Face Finishing & Firming Moisturizer - Well, not exactly finished, but I transferred the last of it to the small container I keep at my vanity.  If I don't mention it now I won't be able to remember exactly what it was unless I kept the empty container sitting around.  I'm glad to be finishing this one due to the strong fragrance.  It's not a bad smell like I've heard the Cold Plasma product has, just strong and I don't like it.

Replacing with Torriden Cellmazing Low Molecular Collagen Firming Cream I got at the iHerb sale recently.  

@Icegoddess  Every jar of Cold Plasma I've ever had did not have a weird smell. I suspect if the product has a smell it could have been sitting on a shelf for too long.  It could have changed in the last couple of years because I have not had a jar since 2022 when I switched to Elemis exclusively in 2023. 

You are using the Perricone moisturizer that I like the best in Classic Face Finishing & Firming Moisturizer.  I think that moisturizer keeps it simple and gets the job done. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@nyc1 wrote:

Hi everyone ...  another Friday.  I'm working today,  but all of my accounts are off.  Not sure why my company didn't choose this as one of the vacation days on the schedule.  Oh well...  WFH,  which is really nice.

Used up...

Naturium Vit C Complex Serum (no back up-not sure how stable the serum is and wasn't sure it was doing anything).

Beekman bar soap in Fresh Air (making my way through all my back ups).

Tweak'd HUGE 33.8oz Shampoo (liked - started a new one in a different scent - never go through the conditioner as fast)

Threw out...  

BB Uber Rose lipstick - the texure felt different going on and was 3/4 used up (have 2 back ups but like @Shanus,  moving on from this line - although I do have back ups of several other things from BB that I'll definitely use)

@nyc1  -  Sorry you have to work today but at least its a WFH day.  Hope it goes quickly and is not a busy day for you. I've been using the Naturium Vit C Complex Serum and I'm also not sure how I feel about.  Thinking of going back to either Dr Brenner's Vit C or Timeless.

Honored Contributor

@Trix wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

Trader Joe's Brazil Nut Body Butter - Replaced with Nutrius.  I just go back and forth between the two. although I only picked up one Brazil Nut butter yesterday.  It's seasonal and I was actually surprised they still had any.  Last year I got two and between those and the 2 Nutrius, I Just finished up. 

I wouldn't say there's anything special about either one, but as far as I'm concerned they're as good as any others I've tried.  I used to be a big fan of The Body Shop's Nut Body Butter, mostly for the fragrance, but they discontinued it. 

Tretinoin - Replaced with same.

Perricone MD High Potency Classics Face Finishing & Firming Moisturizer - Well, not exactly finished, but I transferred the last of it to the small container I keep at my vanity.  If I don't mention it now I won't be able to remember exactly what it was unless I kept the empty container sitting around.  I'm glad to be finishing this one due to the strong fragrance.  It's not a bad smell like I've heard the Cold Plasma product has, just strong and I don't like it.

Replacing with Torriden Cellmazing Low Molecular Collagen Firming Cream I got at the iHerb sale recently.  

@Icegoddess  Every jar of Cold Plasma I've ever had did not have a weird smell. I suspect if the product has a smell it could have been sitting on a shelf for too long.  It could have changed in the last couple of years because I have not had a jar since 2022 when I switched to Elemis exclusively in 2023. 

You are using the Perricone moisturizer that I like the best in Classic Face Finishing & Firming Moisturizer.  I think that moisturizer keeps it simple and gets the job done. 

@Trix I've never used his Cold Plasma products.  I just remember there being a lot of comments about it smelling fishy.  

Honored Contributor

I buy multiples of my faves .... so I may "use up" but I don't "run out" of items.  (I'm going to use up my bronzer in a couple of days - but I have another.  Since I buy most of my stuff via Amazon subscription ...I rarely run out of anything, ever.)

So I opened another .....

• Toothpaste
  • Cover Girl compact
  • Lip gloss (I have six more left)
  • Garnier Sky-Hi Volume Mousse*
  • John Frieda Brilliant Brunette shampoo and conditioner
  • Tresemme Total volume hair spray

* the first mousse I've found that doesn't "dull" my hair!

Esteemed Contributor

I used up Mario Badescu lip balm, have a couple backups. 

Also mini size Sunday Riley Good Genes. I got the item with my Sephora points, and won't be re purchasing. Good Genes is OK, but not "all that." and IMO not worth the high price even if I could afford it.  I must in the minority because many posters seem to like this product. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain