Esteemed Contributor

Re: What did you use up this week? 7/23

[ Edited ]

@monicakm wrote:

@mistriTsquirrel 

Yes, I have seen the project pan topic on reddit but not YT.  I know I've over bought in the last year and a half.  I think it's because I'm more or less house-bound because of my knee.  HOPEFULLY surgery is 2-3 months away.  When I'm ambulatory again, I'll be able to USE all this makeup!  I could wear more at home and I'm trying to get in the habit of doing that.  

I bet some of those pictures I see on reddit/projectpan are staged Smiley Surprised  I "hit pan" on a CP e/s called Frog.  I didn't find it at all satisfying tho LOL  And hitting pan on a CT powder that was stupid expensive made me want to cry, not celebrate Smiley Sad

@monicakm  I do think some people overuse or fake their "progress."  I don't like to watch people who go through things so quickly that I'm wondering if they are wasting their makeup for views.

I've overbought a lot too.  Maybe it's because I was overbuying for a good while that I realized it doesn't actually help me feel better about whatever is wrong; it's just a distraction.  And I can stream free movies if I want a distraction.  But I do fall off the low buy wagon sometimes...hard. 😳 

As far as hitting pan, I only get sad if I cannot repurchase an item I love.  I think I read that you hit pan on a CT powder after not having used it very much, and that is not a reason to celebrate.  For the money you pay, it should last a long time.

When it comes to makeup, I like to pan things that I like, but I know they will go bad if I don't use them up soon.  I figure I can either use them up and enjoy them or throw them away after they are bad and regret that I didn't use them more.

I am sorry to hear about your knee.  I hope your surgery goes well and you can get back to doing the things you love doing.  It's been years that I haven't been leaving the house/yard much, so I think I have forgotten what that life is like. 🤓 

Maybe this sounds weird, but I put on makeup before I do yard work. 😎  It makes me feel more motivated to do yard work.  Sometimes I sit and do eye makeup looks for fun.  And I like to wear makeup to the store or to doctor appointments.  But mostly I'm at home.  I'm gonna just stay home and keep panning my makeup, I guess.  lol

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Respected Contributor

Hi Beauty Friends,

I finished a bottle of Elemis Sharp Body Wash. We love this in my house...Spearmint and Peppermint mix. Its so refreshing and invigorating. I love to wash my feet with this stuff. It makes them refreshed and tingly. I've had it for about a year. It lasts because we have a large variety of body wash that we rotate. I looked it up today and it's 20% off right now on the Q. I'm tempted to buy it but I have so many others that need to be used. I have to stop buying until I make a dent in these.

Finished another JM body butter that was down at the bottom of the tub. I mixed some of the illuminating body butter with the plain body butter. It softens it up a little. It spreads easier and I like the glow it gives once I mixed them together.
That's it for this week.
Good Weekend Beauties. 

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it contains a link.

Respected Contributor

Happy Saturday!

Just one small thing for me this week: A mini Ulta Velvet Matte Liquid lipstick- this came in a set I got at Christmas about a year and a half ago. It was the last one of this type in a set of assorted products. The only ones I have left don't dry down like this did so I don't use them. I should try them on and see if I want to keep them or toss. 

Have a great weekend!

Respected Contributor

I used up:

IT Superhero Mascara. (have back up)

Josie Maran body Milk (will repurchase)

JM's face milk (have backup)

Running low on Tatcha Camilla oil cleanser (will be repurchasing)