Trusted Contributor

What did you use up this week? 2/4

Hi Friends,

Used up:

16 oz. WEN Winter Vanilla Mint CC-  this and Pink Lemonade are my favorite scents from WEN. I just love WVM. Replaced with Winter Wild Berry from stash.

Elemis Sharp Shower Body Wash- I really like this, will purchase this again if it's ever on sale. This was such a nice treat for myself. I have so many other shower gels in the stash I can't justify a purchase right now. Was really nice to use while not feeling well. The minty smell helped me breathe easier. 

How about you?

Stay safe out there, we are expecting an ice storm here in New York. 

Have a good weekend. Be well all!

"Dogs heal hearts they never broke"
RIP Lexi aka "Momma" 1/15/24
Respected Contributor

Re: What did you use up this week? 2/4

Hi Beauties,

This week I discarded a 9oz can of Redken Triple Take 32 hairspray. 
Now I know why it was all the way in the back of my stash. I used it and  continued to smell that strong horrendous odor all day; annoying my sinuses all day. I came home from work yesterday and threw it in the garbage when I saw it. 

Mallys circle of light highlighter/ concealer whatever. I never liked this. The color was to light, product too thick, brush...just not good. I left it in my desk at work and got sick of seeing it. I haven't bought a Mally product that I've liked.

I finished an 8oz. bottle of Spiralina Purity Made simple, one of their new ones. It is green, weird color but it was very nice, and I liked the light scent. Set of 4 and I will open one of the others next.

Thats all for me.

@kathie66  I know the feeling when that Elemis shower wash is done. 😢 I love it and am refraining for now because of all the unused and half used washes I still have hanging around. Some day - Some way! 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I used up Tatcha Dewy Skin Serum and Dewy Skin Night Concentrate.  Replaced with same of both from my stash.  My skin really loves these two products so I will continue to use and re-evaluate when my current on hand supply runs out.  I threw out a couple old lip glosses that I didn't replace as I don't wear lip color now.

That is it for me this week.  By the way, it raining here in upstate SC.  

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Esteemed Contributor

Used up all the snow that was on the ground from all the rain we had last night and into this a.m. Fine with me! (se PA)

Used up an Alpha retinol, opened another, though I am primarily using the MD complete retinol. I haven't written to them yet to ask the % of retinol, but it is definitely higher than the Alpha. I'll continue to use the Alpha on my neck, but I can use the MD there, too.

I have yet to try an Elemis product, but I bet the shower one is nice! (There's only so much of me, and I pretty much stick to my favs.)

Trusted Contributor

@KBEANS Thanks again for recommending it! Maybe they will have a great sale and we can indulge soon! Have a good weekend.

"Dogs heal hearts they never broke"
RIP Lexi aka "Momma" 1/15/24
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

oops, I guess I posted my 2/4 week on the last thread.

So far, just a Loreal Root touch up spray, a friend, who it didn't work for, had given me. Not bad, might buy again to add to the Kristopher Buckle cream/powder I use, which is darker. The Loreal added some brighter blonde, but needs to be used sparingly as it is a bit brassy. But goes on brighter, then settles into my color, which is shades of dark golden blonde.

I also expect to finish an old Amazing Grace body souffle' that came with one of those sets with other products. I've been using other more current Philosophy souffle's like the Fresh Cream and Snow Angel in recent purchases I got...I tend to use them all seasonally. AG was always for Spring. But there's so little to use up, and I can use a dose of Spring now~so decided to use it up.

I'm sad because I realized, once again, how yummy AG USED to be. I can't say this is so old that it was before Coty...but either way it was before they started "toying" and wrecking the Philosophy fragrances...because it stll smelled delightful. I'd love to get a fresh AG set with cologne for Spring, but too many reviews express how you can no longer smell it. And that has been my recent experience with other of their fragrances too. So sad....Philosophy fragrances used to be the bomb...light, fresh, natural, non-perfumey, and lasted. No more. Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Used up a jar of Neutragena Rapid Repair cream and opened a new one the next evening. (please, no anti-jar protests).

This is my 5th jar of RR since late summer. For my complexion, this is a fabulous product.
* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

@tototwo Can you share what type complexion?

Good to know....I keep asking for recommendations on the Boards for drugstore replacements, as once my last jar of DD auto-D is gone, (that AD is done now anyway), I'm switching to something less expensive that may have similar results. Not like the DD every stopped my skin from aging, just basically moisturizes it...and I've used her products for over a decade. 

So between Cera Ve, Neutrogena, Olay regenerist...I think those are just some of what people have recommended, and I was still deciding. I was leaning toward the Olay or Neutrogena.

My skin is on the dry side, no skin problems in general, just dry and aging like all of us!

So maybe you can share what you love about this cream for you?

TIA.

Respected Contributor

Happy Friday! 

I used up: Lacura Makeup Removing Towels 25ct- these were nice for the price, I would purchase again but I have several packs of other brands here to use up. I'm working on a pack from Dollar Tree right now. 

Suave Cocoa Butter and Shea body wash 15oz- this was fine, nothing special for sure, but for the price it's about what I would expect, I think I only paid $1 for it. I replaced it with a half used bottle of Philosophy melon something that was under the sink.

That's it for me, hope to have more next week, have a great weekend everyone!

Honored Contributor

Good morning!  Here's what I used up:

Timeless Vit C - had another one waiting.  

QRx Labs - Neck Firming Cream.  This was my second jar.  Still on the fence about it but its ok and the price is right so not ready to give up on it yet.  Had another jar waiting.

ELF - Holy Hydration Makeup Melting Cleansing Balm.  LOVE it!  Originally had bought this and the Milani Avocado Makeup Cleansing Balm to see which one I like best.  Will now try the Milani one. 

Paula's Choice - Skin Recovery Daily Moisturizing Lotion spf 30.  While I like this, I have 2 jars of Elemis original marine cream moisturizer waiting to be used so will use those up with an EltaMD sunscreeen.

That's it for me.  Hope everyone is staying safe from the storms.