Trusted Contributor

What did you use up this week? 10/22

Hi Friends,

Used up:

Philosophy Orange Chiffon 3 n 1- used up as handsoap enjoyed this scent in the kitchen. Replaced with an opened Orange Coconut from stash.

Travel size Alpyn Beauty Melt Moisturizer- this was nice, replaced with Camp Cosmetics Illume Moisturizer from the stash.

Thrive Eye Brightner in Stella- used this as a shadow stick, was ok, wouldn't repurchase. Will replace with a similar color shadow stick from the stash.

What about you?

Have a good weekend. Be well all!

"Dogs heal hearts they never broke"
RIP Lexi aka "Momma" 1/15/24
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: What did you use up this week? 10/22

Happy Friday!

This week I used up a tub of O'keefe's HEALTHY Feet. Replaced it with the tube version of the same. This cream is for the driest feet ever and it's a miracle worker! I just don't like digging around in the tub, the tube is nicer.

Be well everyone!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

Good morning @kathie66 .

1.This week I used up (actually poured out the last bit) of my lavender body wash from A. It was not as moisturizing as stated. 

2. I'm also finished with my first purchase of The Odinary Vit. C serum and will repurchase.

3. I used up my PTR Peel Pads at the beginning of the week and am not replacing. Any recommendations for different ones welcome.

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus , I was just going to purchase the PTR peel pads, can you share what you didn't like about them?  

I only used up a small travel size Versed makeup remover balm (picked up at Target) that I took on vacation with me earlier in the month and came home with some left in the jar.  It literally reminded me of my mother's Noxema, so I will not purchase.  It had a bit of difficulty removing regular mascara too. Still love my Elemis cleansing balm just wish it wasn't so expensive.  Still searching for a dupe.

Honored Contributor

@Sammijo10 wrote:

@Shanus , I was just going to purchase the PTR peel pads, can you share what you didn't like about them?  

I only used up a small travel size Versed makeup remover balm (picked up at Target) that I took on vacation with me earlier in the month and came home with some left in the jar.  It literally reminded me of my mother's Noxema, so I will not purchase.  It had a bit of difficulty removing regular mascara too. Still love my Elemis cleansing balm just wish it wasn't so expensive.  Still searching for a dupe.

@Sammijo10   Oh, the PTR pads are OK, but don't like the waiting and rinsing off process. I'd like a liquid glycolic, applied with cotton square and done.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

For me:

Belle Beauty gel lip liner in mauve nude. I had other gel liners from WM, but the shades were off. This matches my natural color perfectly. Another waiting in the wings.

Also the Alpha 12% renewal body lotion that I use on hands & feet. Can't be without this!

Nubian Coconut & Papaya renewal body wash. This, too is a favorite, so is always backed up.

The O'o eye remedy. This is a nice eye cream, (thanks to @SurferWife ) which I used along with the VP that I like so well. It's on sale now, so if anyone likes this...  But I won't repurchase, principally (pun intended) because I like Victoria Principal's better, and it is here on hand.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good afternoon everyone.   I used up:

Nexxus Maxximum Hold Finishing Hairspray - full size. This has been a staple hairspray for me although I bought several others to try.  Although this says maxximum hold, it's really not.  I replaced this with a Bed Head hairspray but no doubt I'll eventually repurchase this.

Elemis Marine Cream - GWP size.  I don't remember what I rec'd this tube with but this isn't anything I would ever use again.  I hated the smell of this.  I put it in my travel make-up kit for weekends out of town.  There was a little left and I tossed it.  Blech.

Biolage Volumizing Shampoo and Conditioner - sample packettes.  These smelled good but that's about it.  These aren't products I would buy in the full-size.

Essence Lash Princess False Lash Effect Mascara - full size.  I love this mascara.  I have ordered the one with the purple writing just to give it a try.  However, I replaced this one with Maybelline Lash Sensational which I have always loved, until I went from the Lash Princess directly to Lash Sensational.  Now I find it less than sensational. 

I also used up a full-size bar of handmade soap that I buy from a locally owned small business.  It was an oatmeal/honey scent.  I really enjoy these soaps.  I have replaced it with a Pumpkin and Spice scent.  It's great for the Fall.

I hope everyone has a nice weekend and a great week ahead.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva 

Love your comments on the Essence Lash Princess Mascaras! I recently tried the purple one too and found it got really good after it had been opened for a bit! I use the green, the blue and the purple! Fab formulas!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

@Jacie wrote:

@Lipstickdiva 

Love your comments on the Essense Lash Princess Mascaras! I recently tried the purple one too and found it got really good after it had been opened for a bit! I use the green, the blue and the purple! Fab formulas!

@Jacie , I gave this mascara a try after reading so many comments on this board about it. 

I have recently read several times on social media that the new one with the hot pink writing is very, very similar to IT Cosmetics Super Hero.     

Frequent Contributor

@Shanus The Murad Resurgence Replenishing Multi-Acid Peel really works to eliminate clogged pores! I was reluctant because I thought it might be too harsh, but it's not.

I've tried the PTR pads and philosophy peels, but this one is much more effective. 

I'm glad I could recommend a product for you, Shanus. I've benefited from many of your product and makeup suggestions!