Honored Contributor

What color eyeliner is best for your eye color?

Interesting article HERE. Mine are hazel and I like to wear all colors, but if I really want my eyes to stand out I rely on plum (to bring the green out) , bronze, khaki, and navy. Enjoy reading! Smile

Respected Contributor

Re: What color eyeliner is best for your eye color?

I just checked this chart and says with my green eyes I should pick something with a reddish cast, no way. Anything with red makes me look like there is something the matter with my eyes.

I love Mally's dark or deep Olive(forget if it is called dark or deep). I also like her gunmetal or even her black navy but the dark/deep olive works the best as far as color goes. I can get away with a deep plum as well as a brownish green or greyish green. These are what work best for me, no way does anything with red in look good on me even with green eyes.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Nice article, because they also suggest specific brands and shades.

I have brown eyes, with maybe a fleck of hazel. Their suggestion of earthy browns is totally non-descript on me. Other than that, I can wear most colors, if that's the look I want.

The concept is to use a shade that contrasts with your eye color. That's why black is almost universal, but it's the tone of black that either works or looks too harsh.

Honored Contributor

I have dark brown eyes. I usually wear an eggplant color eyeliner or a deep olive color. Tarter makes a dark olive color that's very nice.

I very rarely wear black. I find it's too harsh on me.

Valued Contributor

ITA with what she recommends for my green eyes. I've also found that if I pick colors from the flecks in my eyes, I can't go wrong.

Super Contributor

My eyes are green with a dark blue outer line. So they can appear either green or blue depending on what eyeliner I use(which lately has been a deep burgundy which makes them look green) Interesting article and it is the way I pick my shades too.
Honored Contributor

My green eyes are a much lighter green than the model they showed for green eyes. The closest thing I can relate my eye color to is adventurine. I like to wear very dark purple eyeliner and a subtle shade of purple shadow. I like clothing in the blues and purples best as my skin color is a cool, fair shade.

Frequent Contributor

I've always believed that hair color, skin color & eye shape also play a roll in eye makeup/liner shades, not just eye color. I have brown eyes, medium beige skin & medium brown hair. I wear a variety of colors, but tend to like Navy & Chocolate brown best. The only shade that's too much for me is black.

Esteemed Contributor

These references are a good jumping off point if one is uncertain about what looks best on them. Also we should factor in skintone when choosing a liner color. Such as in my case where wine/purple liners are always suggested for brown eyes, but unless the liner is a an almost navy plum, I look like I've been crying. I have brown eyes, but with my caramel brown complexion shades of navy/dark blues looks best on me. I also like the way deep teals, charcoals, and of course dark browns look on me. I look ok in black liner, but have never worn it -- not even when I was a young woman. I only use black to make a color from a set wearable if it's otherwise too light or shimmery for me.

Trusted Contributor

Lately I've been using Laura Mercier's Blue Marine for tightlining and to create a little cat wing. I had been doing a black cat eye liner but I like the Blue Marine color and only tightlining and at edges of my eye as it looks softer. She makes a great green one too. I have hazel eyes, medium/dark brown hair and light to medium olive skin tone.

QVC lost a lot of my posts too!