Super Contributor

Re: What celebrity/famous person ....

On 8/5/2014 virgosun said:

Yes, that's the area. We don't have as many Bruce sightings because several years ago he bought a farm in nearby Colt's Neck where he spends most of his time. He has more privacy since his house was on the corner of a fairly public street and everyone knew where he lived.

I pass by the farm when I go to Delicious Orchards. When he bought the farm, the local papers posted the name of the farm and the exact location. The name of the farm was on the entry gate back then. He's since taken the name down cause so many people would stop & take pics. The farm is something like 300 acres, so he's got plenty of privacy now.

Valued Contributor

Delicious Orchards has the best donuts in the world!!!! Too bad I went gluten free Smiley Sad

Esteemed Contributor

On 8/5/2014 virgosun said:

I live in a NJ town where we have Springsteen, Bon Jovi and most recently Jon Stewart moved next door to my best friend! Haven't seen Bruce recently but used to see him at the local Acme supermarket, the video store, the yearly Fireman's Fair and dropping his son off at summer soccer camp. He was always friendly and just wanted to be treated like a normal person. Bon Jovi was a little more "rock star" but he does a lot of very good charity work in our area. He has a gigantic house on the river that is modeled after Versailles!!!! Jon Stewart is another person who is friendly and introduces himself as "Hi I'm Jon" and has a very nice family, also has a beautiful seashore colonial style riverfront home.

I always found Jon Bon Jovi to be much more approachable and 'real' than Bruce. The times I've seen Bruce publicy he was rude to whoever wanted to interact with him. He seemed so different when he was on Jimmy Fallon's show too.

Other famous people I've run into- mostly baseball players! I'm a big Mets fan and have 'met' many. I even flirted with Ron Darling- and he flirted right back! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}Wow is he handsome!!

Honored Contributor

Totally forgot about this we saw OJ Simpson and his then wife Nicole in JKF in the early 80's they were on the same flight to LA as my parents

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Contributor

Late 80s - I sat next to Mike Love, lead singer of the Beach Boys, in a small island hopper plane in Hawaii. He was very nice and personable. We talked about scuba diving mostly. He actually initiated the conversion because I was traveling with so much gear.

Richard Petty - He was driving my friend's classic convertible muscle car as a pace car in a small home town event. My friend, the owner, was a guy so he wasn't allowed in the car but his girlfriend and I rode around with Richard Petty because we were 19 year old girls. He was nice and friendly to all his fans, a true gentleman.

Kirk Cameron and his wife in a hospital elevator. His wife was visiting her sick grandmother and I was visiting an elderly relative. They were silent in the elevator but had been very friendly with the hospital staff and other patients.

Super Contributor

Oh my gosh, I live in Greenwich Village and in my neighborhood alone I see so many celebrities...Alec Baldwin walking his dogs, Sarah Jessica Parker, Brooke Shields, Jonathon Adler and his husband Simon Doonan, Chris Noth ( very handsome), Matt Damon, Jon Leguizamo, Anderson Cooper, Jennifer Esposito (I actually went to school with her)....over the years, I've also seen Natalie Portman, Martha Stewart, Mary Steenburgen, Sean Young ( she asked me for directions one New Year's Eve lol), Mariah Carey at Starbucks ( one of the only times I was ever star-struck lol...we even spoke to her for a moment...she was very nice), Michael Rappaport, Calvin Klein, Molly Sims, Liv Tyler ( stunning in person), Leslie Bibb, Mischa Barton, Kelly Osbourne....Ben Affleck and David Boreanas..both in Miami. Nell Carter many, many years ago in first class on my way to LA...she was really nice! Scott Burrell ,the basketball player ,also on my way to LA many years ago. That's just off the top of my head...I'm sure I'm excluding some lol! One thing I did learn is that these celebrities are also normal people like the rest of us...that's probably why I'm rarely starstruck....oh Famke Janssen too in Soho...just remembered her lol! ......I have to add Tracy Ross and Mark Consuelos...both on the R train ...they were separate times...I've also seen Kelly Ripa outside her then - apartment in Soho ( she looked at me with recognition lol..I often wear a baseball cap and sunglasses in the summer and I think she confused me with someone else..very funny).
Esteemed Contributor

I met Ann Coulter and many of the Republican politicians due to the nature of our business. I also met Victoria Jackson (old SNL alum) at this same sort of function. My husband ran into Clint Eastwood out in California. Clint actually went into the bar (I think a bar that he owns) where my husband was and asked him the score of a World Series baseball game.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

Dwayne ""The Rock"" Johnson at a restaurant.

Occasional Contributor

I am a native of L.A., so I have seen many folks over the years. My most memorable are the ones who said hello to me....John Forsythe (at the L.A. Museum of Art), Dyan Cannon (Hollywood movie theater bathroom), Peter Graves (walking through a park in Santa Monica where I used to run), Candace Bergen (at Beverly Hills store) and Cher (at the Renaissance Fair...years ago). Most recently I met Sammy Hagar...from Van Halen. My friend is the one who spotted him in a local restaurant, but I didn't think Sammy Hagar would be in our neighborhood, so I walked over and said,"My friend thinks you are Sammy Hagar." He said, "I AM Sammy Hagar!" He was with a group of locals who were celebrating a birthday. He came over to our table and let us take photos, etc. He was a very friendly, nice guy.

Trusted Contributor

Donny Osmond shopping at the mall here in AZ with his son.

Wayne Rogers from MASH at a tennis charity event.... he sat with me and my parents and just talked about AZ and was as nice as can be.

Glen Campbell all the time when he was younger... he lives in Phoenix... at restaurants, concerts.

Mandy Pitikin (actor on Homeland)at local kosher deli (he was in town for a stage show).

Luke Perry (90210 fame) he was doing a movie in Phoenix and was at a local restaurant 2 tables away.