Trusted Contributor

Re: What bothers ME in beauty presentations

I am using grandiose
Honored Contributor

@june22 wrote:
WEN shows the models in the before with shampooed hair that is not blown out....no makeup. In the After with WEN, the hair is blown out and the model has makeup. I feel WEN is the most deceptive in the before and after pictures. If they would blow dry out the before pictures OR NOT blow out the with WEN after pictures, you would find very little difference between the model's using WEN and those using shampoo. Consumers must fall for it.....
@June222...I think most of us WEN girls are intelligent enough to know the various hair types and lengths of the WEN models, and clearly understand their hair is being professionally styled; they're models. I will never have hair like theirs because I have short hair and have no intention of growing my hair out that long. Short hair is much more flattering on me. My hair is certainly as healthy as the models' hair and I do credit WEN for it. My hair has never been healthier & it is effortless to style it; whereas prior to WEN, whether my hair was short or longer it took a lot of effort, product and styling tools to get it to look the way it does now simply by using WEN cleansing & styling Creme and letting my hair air dry. I don't think I've fallen for anything deceptive.
Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@june22 wrote:
WEN shows the models in the before with shampooed hair that is not blown out....no makeup. In the After with WEN, the hair is blown out and the model has makeup. I feel WEN is the most deceptive in the before and after pictures. If they would blow dry out the before pictures OR NOT blow out the with WEN after pictures, you would find very little difference between the model's using WEN and those using shampoo. Consumers must fall for it.....

That's why Chaz is laughing all the way to the bank.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@june22 wrote:

you must not watch Nick Chavez or Alterna or any of the hair tool shows (and even Tweak-d on HSN) when they were on. They all do that. But, of course, I know so many of you enjoy singling out WEN. Smiley Wink

Esteemed Contributor

The WEN shows in Canada are just as bad and the laughable part is that they use a couple of the regular fashion models who model clothing frequently so that the watching public can easily see that their hair is very average. The before photos look like mug shots with uncombed and unstyled hair and no makeup. The after view you can tell the models had their hair professionally styled behind the scenes before they appeared on air. So why doesn't their hair look better when they model clothes if WEN is all that?

Esteemed Contributor

Another brand that the before and afters are starting to bug me is IT Cosmetics. The same models in Canada are on all the time so after 2 or 3 years or more modeling IT Cosmetics why doesn't their skin look better in the before photos? One of the models has terrible melasma but they we find out that the model is a soccer player and outdoors a lot! She must never wear sunscreen or a hat but don't you think that the CC cream with SPF 50 would have made a difference in the appearance her facial skin in the before photo by now? It hasn't.

Honored Contributor

It bothers me too with makeup demonstrations to see only young girls with very little to cover up, you can have a young girl, but then also have some older women with skin issues and show us how good your makeup is......I did think that the vendor for the Becca show was good, however she talked way too fast and maybe that was in order to get some words in before Amy took over, but she was talking way too fast-please give these people more time for their demonstrations.........Also spend a little more time discussing shades, I hate when they go through the shades too quickly as if its an after thought........... 

Esteemed Contributor

I volunteer to be one of their models.  Let them work with my uneven coloring, large pores, and older rosacea skin and see if they can work miracles on me!   Then I might buy.

My biggest pet peeve is that they use a model who already has on makeup, eyeliner, mascara, etc., and apply more layers on top.  The only vendor who is honest with us is Stacy of YBF cosmetics on HSN.  She comes out with a totally naked face and applies makeup on herself as she presents it.  A real "before" and "after" done on live TV.   I love to watch her presentations.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

SCA use older models, as does Mally and IT. But yes, even the older models they use have very nice skin.  While it would be nice to see someone with real skin issues, I mainly watch to see what the colors of the products will look like once applied.

Honored Contributor

@ritasNo1Fan wrote:

Buyer beware.  If products work on wrinkles, the sellers would show how good they are.  Me?  I won't buy it if all they show is young, firm & juicy, which I am not.

If you're looking for a wrinkle cream that makes an instant improvement, you are expecting too much.    The soonest you should expect improvement is probably 3 to 6 weeks, so the age of the model really doesn't matter, IMO.