Esteemed Contributor

Re: What are people doing about their grey hair

[ Edited ]

@catwhisperer wrote:

Seriously, what is wrong with you people? People are dying and you are worried about your grey hair??? Wow.

@catwhisperer  What is wrong with us?  I personally am living and trying to enjoy every day the good Lord gives me.  I am not sitting around waiting for the grim reaper.

I pray that you can find some peace in your day.

Take care~

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@feline groovy wrote:

Letting the drapes match the carpet.

Does that mean what I think it means, @feline groovy ??? LOL

Trusted Contributor

Who the heck cares! Personally, I love gray/silver hair...I think it's beautiful. There are certainly more important things to be concerned over than what to do about gray hair!

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.
Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs : 

Yep.  ;-)

Hope you and DH are well... please give a  kiss and a cuddle to "Willz" for me.  8)

Esteemed Contributor

I love it!  My drapes match my carpet, too.  "Willz" isn't worried about his roots either.  

20190629_113721_009_01-1-1 (1).jpg

Valued Contributor

I stopped coloring my hair about 7 years ago because I got tired of being a slave to it. I hope now other women will stop. I really feel it's about time that women get real. Particularly bad is the older women who color their hair black. It's so aging and looks so pathetic... because it's so obvious they are trying to look young beyond their years. It could be a move toward respecting the wisdom of age if women stopped coloring their hair. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Mission today on root-gate accomplished!

I had written earlier in week my colorist had his clients colors at his house.  I went to his backyard, he had mask and gloves on and put it on my hair.  It took less than 15 minutes and I went home, a 25 minute drive. Washed it off in shower at 35 minute mark, 10 minutes after I got home.

I use another stylist for blowouts.  She lives about 10 minutes away so as I entered the shower to wash out the color so I called to say I'm ready for her to blow it out. I trust stylist as they isolate as well. Washed hands and had mask on while doing blowout.  

Whew, alot of effort, strategizing, but it's done and I feel fresh and happy for Easter.

@Lulu1 I asked my colorist if he had more of my color for next month if need be.  He said do not worry.  He would go into salon and get it there if necessary.  Happy Holidays Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@RinaRina wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

91776852_3099918776706068_6201812683843436544_n.jpg

I saw that pic on FB.  When I grow out my gray more than 3", I look 20 years older.

The other thing is, how old do you think this girl is?  50?  60?

Probably not.

Someone who is prematurely gray in their 20-30's ... with NO wrinkles, lines, bags under the eyes, no double chin -- gray hair will not "age" their appearance as it might someone in their 50-60's.

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

I love it!  My drapes match my carpet, too.  "Willz" isn't worried about his roots either.  

20190629_113721_009_01-1-1 (1).jpg

LOL!  Good to hear, @tends2dogs.  8)

Trusted Contributor

I've done my own hair color and roots for years. I'll continue to do that.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004